Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
FIG FLIP 2–Anyone have it?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 27 2023, 8:14 am
Fig came out with a new phone. They claim it’s significantly better than the previous model. I’m in the market for a new phone and trying to figure out what to go for.

Can anyone give me information based on personal experience? Is it durable? Are the new apps useful (music etc)?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:13 pm
Bump

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:30 pm
I have it and really really like it. Was ready to give up my flip phone but the texting on FIG 2 is great - it’s touch screen. Waze works too. The camera is the best I’ve seen of a flip phone. It’s the best and most convenient option for a flip phone!

SR97

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:38 pm
Check out the quin phone it’s amazing!!

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:08 am
SR97 wrote:
Check out the quin phone it’s amazing!!

Can you program it yourself for your personal needs, ie which apps to have?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 10:57 am
amother Magenta wrote:
I have it and really really like it. Was ready to give up my flip phone but the texting on FIG 2 is great - it’s touch screen. Waze works too. The camera is the best I’ve seen of a flip phone. It’s the best and most convenient option for a flip phone!

Thanks! What’s the music feature like?

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:51 am
It's so expensive.
Can anyone tell me if it's worth the price?

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! What’s the music feature like?

So far so good. The files can have music which is google drive so mostly been using that. The software seems the same as android

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:22 pm
amother Snow wrote:
It's so expensive.
Can anyone tell me if it's worth the price?

For me it definitely was.
It’s a convenience and is letting me hold onto having a dumb phone. Realize that iPhones are easily 1200 so this seems like a nice price for kedusha

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:03 am
If it breaks - there’s no way to really have it fixed and if you dropped it, then it is not under warranty at all. I haven’t met someone who has never drop their phone….

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 1:16 pm
bump

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 1:29 pm
I'm very happy with mine! I like the features and they are very good about bug fixes and coming out with new features. I've also had crazy drops on concrete and so far so good BH, but I wish they'd come out with a silicone skin like they have for the previous version.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 8:06 am
Why can’t I play videos? Was told can play up to 2 minute videos.

Rache41

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:09 pm
My phone is a week old and never dropped and already has a crack by the fold area. Horrific quality. Does their customer service help?

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:36 pm
I have a relative who is having real issues with their fig phone. Customer service is very unhelpful. Be wary.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:38 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
For me it definitely was.
It’s a convenience and is letting me hold onto having a dumb phone. Realize that iPhones are easily 1200 so this seems like a nice price for kedusha
Fig is a smart flip phone not a dumb phone. It’s good for social reasons so it shouldn’t look like you have a smart phone. But it’s really a filtered smart phone.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:41 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
Fig is a smart flip phone not a dumb phone. It’s good for social reasons so it shouldn’t look like you have a smart phone. But it’s really a filtered smart phone.

It's really not a smart phone.

There is no browser. No app store. It's slightly more open than a totally dumb phone.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
It's really not a smart phone.

There is no browser. No app store. It's slightly more open than a totally dumb phone.
My iphone also doesn’t have a browser or App Store. Tag automatically disables it when you bring it in. How is that different? Or do you think my iPhone is also not a smartphone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:48 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
My iphone also doesn’t have a browser or App Store. Tag automatically disables it when you bring it in. How is that different? Or do you think my iPhone is also not a smartphone?

First, you have a kosher smart phone.

Second, there is no way to remove the filter on the FIG as far as I know. It is set up and there is nothing that can be changed. There are ways to get past the iphone filter, so it is less "kosher"
you can also take it to TAG whenever you like to add more apps. As far as I know, once they open it for you, you can add whatever you want and then they'll relock it. How kosher is that really?

Third, the fig is extremely limited. It has a total of what, 4 apps outside of text and call? How many apps do you have on your phone?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 30 2023, 12:49 pm
LOL I forgot that I was the OP of this thread.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics