Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Strivright two year old program

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:50 pm
My child is getting EI, I wanted to hear from other mothers who sent to thi Ei 2 year old program? What was it like, do they gain A lot, am I better offf finding a playgroup . Any other info would be so much appreciate

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 9:04 pm
Don’t have much info, but know someone who said she sent her child there and was very happy and saw a ton of progress.

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 9:13 pm
I sent to the EI program, the speech therapist accredits her progress mainly from strivright.
My child gained tremendously BH.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 9:55 pm
Can u give me more details in terms of schedule and how it works ? Works she get her therapy there to o? How many hours do they go for?

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 10:04 pm
Ei classes are for two hours a day so it’s 8:30-10:30 10:30-12:30 and 12:30 to 2:30 is the Yiddish one. They usually only let child get one service during the time they are there but if you are bringing or taking home on your own then you might be able to get additional therapy before or after class if you are using the government transportation then you can’t.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 7:32 am
Thank you for responding anyone else sent and have anymore info

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 8:27 am
I liked the EI therapist who came to me so we opted to have speech therapy at home not there. The schedule was very tough for us the whole year. It was worth it for the progress and are very grateful.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 12:30 pm
Do they evaluate your child at 2 and then tell you if they feel it’s the right place for you. Or they take anyone with delay or therapy?

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:26 pm
If parents have concerns regarding their child from 18 month you can call in to any ei agency and request an evaluation. A special educator usually does the initial eval and then recommends any additional eval they feel necessary. Inorder to receive services there needs to be a 33% delay in one are or 25% percent delay in two or more areas. Not every child will get a center based recommendation. Some times twice a week at home is enough. Strivright is geared more to speech delays and will make you come down for a three day trial before they accept you. But once again you only can get center based if there is a real delay and need for it.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Acacia wrote:
If parents have concerns regarding their child from 18 month you can call in to any ei agency and request an evaluation. A special educator usually does the initial eval and then recommends any additional eval they feel necessary. Inorder to receive services there needs to be a 33% delay in one are or 25% percent delay in two or more areas. Not every child will get a center based recommendation. Some times twice a week at home is enough. Strivright is geared more to speech delays and will make you come down for a three day trial before they accept you. But once again you only can get center based if there is a real delay and need for it.

Not in every situation do they have you come down for a 3 day trial.

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 7:29 pm
Sometimes you only get approved for 2 days a week. You can decide then if its worth it. My child magically got approved for 5 days a week plus special ed at home- someone forgot to uncheck a box somewhere- so they had therapy at home daily, speech 2x30, special ed 2x30 and then the bus would come and they would get home after 3. We also signed up for a home based headstart. It worked for us because I didn't work. We did end up doing ot 1x30 at the center because it was hard to find an ot and they had a slot.

My kid learned a lot and loved going, enjoyed the bus ride and the routine.
My next child didn't get approved for center based services and I felt that regular playgroups wasn't right for him so I was stuck.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:48 pm
Thank you for your responses. Did most of you who sent to the two year old group send the next year for the three year old group
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics