Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Iso good lo mein
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 9:55 pm
I am looking for a takeout lo mein similar to the one from Glatt Kosher Family in Boro Park. Over the years, nothing has come close to that one. Any suggestions for something similar in NJ?

cupcake123

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:22 pm
According to my husband Lakewood has not been blessed with good lo mein
Maybe try glatt bite?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:29 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Maybe try glatt bite?

This is what I feared. Thank you!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:36 pm
cupcake123 wrote:
Maybe try glatt bite?

No not Glatt Bite.

Try Authentic Kosher Chinese. Its really good.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:40 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
No not Glatt Bite.

Try Authentic Kosher Chinese. Its really good.

Thank you!!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:43 pm
I know you wanted takeout but the recipe from dinner done tastes the same as the best takeout places I’ve had. That being said- in general authentic kosher Chinese is good, but I haven’t had their lo me in. Chop chop from riverdale is doing a Lakewood delivery next week- his stuff is yum.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:14 am
amother OP wrote:
I am looking for a takeout lo mein similar to the one from Glatt Kosher Family in Boro Park. Over the years, nothing has come close to that one. Any suggestions for something similar in NJ?

OP did you find good lomein in Lakewood?
If yes, where??

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 12:08 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I know you wanted takeout but the recipe from dinner done tastes the same as the best takeout places I’ve had. That being said- in general authentic kosher Chinese is good, but I haven’t had their lo me in. Chop chop from riverdale is doing a Lakewood delivery next week- his stuff is yum.

Can u post recipe pla

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 1:04 pm
I was not successful. Authentic Kosher Chinese's lo mein did not compare to Glatt Kosher Family. I need that juicy sauce, those crunchy vegetables. If you've had it, you know exactly what I mean. Right?

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 1:14 pm
Chicken Lo Mein

Excerpt From: Sarah Spencer. “Best Chinese Take-out Recipes from Mama Li's Kitchen.” Apple Books.

Serves: 4-6
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

1 pound Chinese egg noodles
2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
1 cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
5 green onions, sliced, greens part reserved for garnish
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sherry
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon peanut oil

Directions

Begin by cooking noodles: In a large sauce pan or stock pot, bring water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until firm, approximately 5 minutes. Check for doneness along the way, as cooking times may vary depending on thickness. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return noodles to pot, and toss gently with sesame oil. Set aside.

Heat a wok over high heat and add oil to coat pan.

Add crushed red pepper to the pan, tossing around until fragrant. Add chicken, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, salt, and cornstarch. Cook, tossing gently, for 2 minutes.

Add shiitake mushrooms, white parts of the green onions and cabbage, cook for two more minutes until chicken begins to brown and cabbage wilts slightly. Remove chicken mixture from pan and set aside.

Add a bit more oil to the hot pan before adding noodles. Toss noodles in the hot oil for no more than 1 minute. Add the chicken mixture back into the pan and toss gently until heated through.

Garnish with green onions, if desired.

Serve immediately

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:10 pm
Fabulous wrote:

How do I get info about chop chop delivery?

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:23 pm
Fabulous wrote:

Where is that recipe in dinner done? I couldn't find it...

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:34 pm
Amarante wrote:
Chicken Lo Mein

Excerpt From: Sarah Spencer. “Best Chinese Take-out Recipes from Mama Li's Kitchen.” Apple Books.

Serves: 4-6
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

1 pound Chinese egg noodles
2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
1 cup oyster mushrooms, chopped
5 green onions, sliced, greens part reserved for garnish
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sherry
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon peanut oil

Directions

Begin by cooking noodles: In a large sauce pan or stock pot, bring water to a boil. Add noodles and cook until firm, approximately 5 minutes. Check for doneness along the way, as cooking times may vary depending on thickness. Drain and rinse with cold water. Return noodles to pot, and toss gently with sesame oil. Set aside.

Heat a wok over high heat and add oil to coat pan.

Add crushed red pepper to the pan, tossing around until fragrant. Add chicken, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, salt, and cornstarch. Cook, tossing gently, for 2 minutes.

Add shiitake mushrooms, white parts of the green onions and cabbage, cook for two more minutes until chicken begins to brown and cabbage wilts slightly. Remove chicken mixture from pan and set aside.

Add a bit more oil to the hot pan before adding noodles. Toss noodles in the hot oil for no more than 1 minute. Add the chicken mixture back into the pan and toss gently until heated through.

Garnish with green onions, if desired.

Serve immediately

Ty
What is Sherry
Amd Napa Cabbage
And where do I buy thta?‐

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:38 pm
https://I.imgur.com/f9aZcxM.jpg

Chop chop delivery info

Sebastian

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:38 pm
Sherry is similar to white wine. You can also sub broth

Nappa cabbage is a type of cabbage. You can use regular or leave it outq

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:40 pm
amother Gladiolus wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/f9aZcxM.jpg

Chop chop delivery info

Thanks. Just curious, where was it advertised? I would love to know about these things in general.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:57 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
Thanks. Just curious, where was it advertised? I would love to know about these things in general.

Facebook and some local chats

Fabulous

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:58 pm
amother Latte wrote:
Where is that recipe in dinner done? I couldn't find it...

Page 95

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Sun, Feb 19 2023, 8:47 pm
In the Dinner Done recipe, it calls for Lo Mein noodles. Can I substitute with regular spaghetti or egg noodles? Thanks since I want to make it this week.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Mon, Feb 20 2023, 9:35 am
Tries2BGoodMom wrote:
In the Dinner Done recipe, it calls for Lo Mein noodles. Can I substitute with regular spaghetti or egg noodles? Thanks since I want to make it this week.
. Bumping up. Thanks!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries