Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
If I dont sleep train, when can I expect baby to sleep thru
Previous  1  2

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 8:09 am
My 4 month old sleeps from 10 pm til 8 am, no sleep training, I just feed her plenty during the day and after her last feed at 9pm she doesn’t need food until the morning, babies need 150ml of milk per kg of their weight in 24 hrs,once they start solids it would be less than that, once they have that amount they won’t be hungry, unless they’re having a growth spurt.
If they wake up at night offer water or hold them for 5 mins.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:16 am
amother OP wrote:
the night? my baby is bottle fed and a big 10 month old. she still wakes up a couple times a night for feedings. when can I expect her to wean herself and not need food at night?

When she stops getting teeth. Till then expect her to wake up in the middle of the night.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:35 am
Echoing everyone else to say you can start cutting out feeds. As long as she’s fed at night she’ll keep waking up. You may have a hard few weeks while you’re cutting feeds. If your husband can help, that’s super helpful. Mine couldn’t.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:36 am
amother Smokey wrote:
My 4 month old sleeps from 10 pm til 8 am, no sleep training, I just feed her plenty during the day and after her last feed at 9pm she doesn’t need food until the morning, babies need 150ml of milk per kg of their weight in 24 hrs,once they start solids it would be less than that, once they have that amount they won’t be hungry, unless they’re having a growth spurt.
If they wake up at night offer water or hold them for 5 mins.

You’re very lucky. Most babies wake during the night wanting to be fed.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:21 pm
amother Lemonlime wrote:
Echoing everyone else to say you can start cutting out feeds. As long as she’s fed at night she’ll keep waking up. You may have a hard few weeks while you’re cutting feeds. If your husband can help, that’s super helpful. Mine couldn’t.

how do I do that? by letting her cry? she shares a room and I'm afraid she'll wake her sibling. also, what can dh do to help?

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
how do I do that? by letting her cry? she shares a room and I'm afraid she'll wake her sibling. also, what can dh do to help?

You can pat her, or croon or sing to her. You can consider moving the sibling for a few days, if they're a light sleeper, or use a noise machine to minimize the disruption of some crying. They'll both sleep better for it in the end.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics