Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Post your Kosher Walmart food finds!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:37 pm
amother OP wrote:
It’s OU! The app does not show a picture of the hechsher but it is there!!!

Thank you. Been searching quite a while.

Frumme

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:28 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Most ppl who keep cy don’t eat from dairy equipment either
And what about pas yisroel on all those items listed?

Walmart has parbaked baguettes and ciabatta bread that you finish baking at home, so it becomes pas. Has an OU. Maybe says "take and bake" on it

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:31 pm
Frumme wrote:
Walmart has parbaked baguettes and ciabatta bread that you finish baking at home, so it becomes pas. Has an OU. Maybe says "take and bake" on it

Do AYLOR about this, because apparently there may be a machlokes on the definition of parbaked and at what point it becomes a problem of pas yisrael.

Frumme

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:33 pm
amother Snapdragon wrote:
Do AYLOR about this, because apparently there may be a machlokes on the definition of parbaked and at what point it becomes a problem of pas yisrael.

The package says to bake it for 8-10 minutes before using. It's not edible before baking it at home

FWIW we do not hold that toasting an English muffin or heating a tortilla makes them pas. It has to be finishing the product or a significant improvement

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:44 pm
Walmart is definitely cheaper than Costco for sugar and eggs, at least lately. And you can't get $2 real baking pans from Costco or Amazon.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:45 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Pas yisroel?

I doubt it. Call whatever hechsher is on it to find out for sure. Usually, MOST breads and mezonos are not pas/bishul Yisrael. Every once in a while, like a needle in a haystack there are products that are, or products coming from certain locations that are and are indicated by a specific code. Friends in the know, that work at Kashrus agencies, can be a very useful resource for this!

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 11:49 pm
amother Apple wrote:
Their eggs are far from cheap

I just purchased 2 cases of eggs from Walmart last week that were $18 for 5 dozen. Cheaper for me to get that delivered to my front door then to drive around and try to find a place where I can get them for less.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:03 am
nicole81 wrote:
Speaking of Walmart, I decided to buy their 1.99 small-medium loaf pans since I spend a ton on disposables when I make challah.

Now I've been making challah for close to 2 decades and have developed my own recipe based on my family's preferences. After making my last batch in these pans for the first time, dh said "honey I didn't think your challah could get any better but for some reason this week it's even more amazing than usual."

So I guess I recommend their loaf pans?

Link to the pans?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:11 am
I find this thread pretty funny because I live OOT and I've been shopping all these items at Walmart for more than 10 years. I recently started shopping around at other stores because their prices have gone up significantly and I don't find them cheap anymore Sad

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:39 am
Are you guys shopping in store or online? I imagine the prices aren't the same in store as online.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:40 am
amother Azure wrote:
I find this thread pretty funny because I live OOT and I've been shopping all these items at Walmart for more than 10 years. I recently started shopping around at other stores because their prices have gone up significantly and I don't find them cheap anymore Sad

Their prices HAVE gone up by a lot. But where are you finding things cheaper?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:45 am
Quote:
Their prices HAVE gone up by a lot. But where are you finding things cheaper?

Aldi for some things (we don't keep CY) and Kroger has great sales. I hate shopping around, and refused to do it for years, but I can't afford the prices anymore and have no choice at this point

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:06 am
Frumme wrote:

Can you please link these?

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:25 am
Following

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 8:12 am
amother Azure wrote:

Same lol, but nowhere cheaper. Aldi for some things but there is a lot you can't get there.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 8:21 am
Quote:
Same lol, but nowhere cheaper. Aldi for some things but there is a lot you can't get there.

True, a lot of the products are still cheaper than other stores. But I used to only shop Walmart and nowhere else. Now I'll do Aldi one week, kroger the next week, Walmart the week after...so I can stock up on different items that are cheaper in those stores

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:31 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Walmart is definitely cheaper than Costco for sugar and eggs, at least lately. And you can't get $2 real baking pans from Costco or Amazon.

I find costco expensive on a lot of their products too

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:32 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I just purchased 2 cases of eggs from Walmart last week that were $18 for 5 dozen. Cheaper for me to get that delivered to my front door then to drive around and try to find a place where I can get them for less.

That’s not a bad price but I never saw that price at Walmart in Lkwd
Which location did you get from?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:41 pm
amother Azure wrote:

I find this thread very funny too as an OOTer. I do almost all my shopping at walmart and have done so forever. No chidush here:)

And yes their prices have gone up. Along with everywhere else in my experience.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:30 pm
How does Aldi compare to Walmart?
I was just there and couldn't figure out if certain items were cheaper at Aldi - like chips, oatmeal, cereal...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics