Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I keep missing fashion trends
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 1:58 pm
What style skirts will be in? I need to buy now anyway and I'd rather not go for pleated when it's on its last leg.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 2:54 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
My fashion radar for when a trend is out is when it’s coming from my nose.

Floral dresses and skirts are soooo overdone I can’t look at them anymore. That’s how I know they’re on their last legs. (I feel the same about pleated midi and maxi skirts.)

Me too! I’ve been waiting years for those florals to finally go out of style, also hate that midi/maxi skirt trend. All of it is supremely unflattering on me. It’s also nearly impossible to find anything nice that will fit me as a short, size 20 woman w/ a diastasis recti.

Maxi dresses look like nightgowns or maternity on me, no shirts lay normally on me with a maxi skirt, and midi length looks extremely dumpy on me. I look like an oompah loompah or like I’m wearing a costume in those matching shirt/sweater+skirt ensembles that were very in. Much of what’s trendy makes me look like I’m wearing maternity (not even flattering maternity, just awkward fit draped over a belly). There seems to be a lack of good seamstresses in my area who have the time, patience, and skill to actually tailor clothes beyond shortening a hem.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 7:07 pm
amother Maize wrote:
What style skirts will be in? I need to buy now anyway and I'd rather not go for pleated when it's on its last leg.

Satin skirts for Shabbos- slip skirts
Wrap style skirt, asymmetric hem, ruffle bottom skirt, tiered. Some ideas of skirt styles besides pleated. I can’t say for sure if those are on the way out too. Maybe Oak or someone else can chime in.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 7:13 pm
amother Oak wrote:
Hi I work in the industry
Florals are out
Solids are in
Chiffon is out
Linen and satin are in as well as light knits
Shirred it on its way out
Tailored looks and classic cuts are coming back in
Midi is still in
Knee length not so much
Neutrals and interesting patterns are in
Small prints and color block is out
Pleats out on they’re way out

I love this list! What materials are in for weekday? Linen and satin are more elegant. Shirt dresses are still in? Just long sleeve tees? Could you give some outfit ideas for weekday?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 7:50 pm
I saw that Junee already has the ss23 clothing online, but as per this discussion they are not on top of the trends. What frum stores/companies have the current trends online for the "OOT but wants to be on trend when visiting family in lakewood" shopper?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:29 am
What is going to be the in thing for girls in camp his summer - since we are not so on top of the trends and are OOT, my girls who go to an in town camp are ALWAYS a season or two behind. For example last summer, my girls wore tiered black skirts for weekday but the other girls had mostly moved on to denim. For shabbos, they had the small floral dresses, the others had larger floral and prints. If they want to be "on" this year for once, what will the girls be wearing weekday and shabbos?

amother
DarkViolet

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:32 am
...oh, and shoes...always about 2 years behind on those. Finally for adidas last year for them, which was OK but many girls had moved on from there

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:32 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I saw that Junee already has the ss23 clothing online, but as per this discussion they are not on top of the trends. What frum stores/companies have the current trends online for the "OOT but wants to be on trend when visiting family in lakewood" shopper?
n

Blew boutique

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:39 am
...oh, and shoes...always about 2 years behind on those. Finally for adidas last year for them, which was OK but many girls had moved on from there

White chunky sneakers

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:40 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Is it totally off for a chassidish ish (not belonging anywhere specific) to wear a denim dress in the summer?

Yes. Unless it's chambray

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:41 am
amother Catmint wrote:
Doesnt Freunds who caters mostly to Chassidish clientele, sell conservative styled denim clothing?

Freund's doesn't sell ladies clothes

dena613

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:43 am
Because of this thread,I looked at a frum website with this upcoming season shirts
Lots of colorblock and horizontal striping

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:46 am
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Is it totally off for a chassidish ish (not belonging anywhere specific) to wear a denim dress in the summer?
yes.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:47 am
dena613 wrote:
Because of this thread,I looked at a frum website with this upcoming season shirts
Lots of colorblock and horizontal striping
can you please share a link?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:55 am
amother Oak wrote:
Hi I work in the industry
Florals are out
Solids are in
Chiffon is out
Linen and satin are in as well as light knits
Shirred it on its way out
Tailored looks and classic cuts are coming back in
Midi is still in
Knee length not so much
Neutrals and interesting patterns are in
Small prints and color block is out
Pleats out on they’re way out

Floral is actually very in now for ss23

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:04 am
amother Blonde wrote:
I don't either get it. Always late. And this year I decided I'm DONE with fashion and I'm just going to wear whatever I like. Pressure off my shoulder BH.

Good!

pause

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:05 am
https://shopblew.com/collectio.....age=1
Lots of pastels, small floral, tiered and ruffled skirts, some wrap skirts/dresses, midi and maxi

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:07 am
What is going to be the in thing for girls in camp his summer - since we are not so on top of the trends and are OOT, my girls who go to an in town camp are ALWAYS a season or two behind. For example last summer, my girls wore tiered black skirts for weekday but the other girls had mostly moved on to denim. For shabbos, they had the small floral dresses, the others had larger floral and prints. If they want to be "on" this year for once, what will the girls be wearing weekday and shabbos?

Denim?
Sorry for my cluelessness but is denim allowed in camp? Or are there no clothing rules?
Asking since I really don't know.

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:18 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Denim?
Sorry for my cluelessness but is denim allowed in camp? Or are there no clothing rules?

Depends which camp. Chassidish camps don't allow denim. The more frum chassidish camps don't even allow t-shirts only shirts. No hoods. Etc.

Then you have camps where the rules are that you must wear socks etc. No short sleeves etc. No mini skirts etc.

There are all type of ranges of camp.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:21 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Denim?

Yeshivish/ jpf always allowed denim in camp. There are rules like knee socks, elbows, knees, collar bones, no tight clothing, some have no words across chest etc..
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics