Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
If you hired a professional organizer - did they upcharge
Previous  1  2

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:47 am
mikayla18 wrote:
If you use a party planner, they charge you an upcharge on staff, equipment etc. A makeup person charges for her makeup. A plumber upcharges for every tool and bolt. Why should an organizer be different? Just cuz you don't KNOW? If you want it cheapest, do it yourself. Or do research beforehand
Interesting. not in my experience.
The esthetician doesn't charge me for the makeup she applies.
I just had someone fix my steam and he charged me cost price for the part he replaced. I know cuz I checked online and at Homes Depot. He charged me half price of hat Home Depot charges. Plus the agreed upon service fee.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:53 am
amother Currant wrote:
Interesting. not in my experience.
The esthetician doesn't charge me for the makeup she applies.
I just had someone fix my steam and he charged me cost price for the part he replaced. I know cuz I checked online and at Homes Depot. He charged me half price of hat Home Depot charges. Plus the agreed upon service fee.

This is really not the typical. Most charge full price for the parts plus a service fee. Why shouldn't they charge full price for parts?

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:53 am
amother Brown wrote:
This is really not the typical. Most charge full price for the parts plus a service fee. Why shouldn't they charge full price for parts?
I was also wondering. I know it's not the typical. But to make a profit isn't either the typical. or maybe it is and I'm still learning new things every day..

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:57 am
amother Currant wrote:
I was also wondering. I know it's not the typical. But to make a profit isn't either the typical. or maybe it is and I'm still learning new things every day..

No one is going to not make a profit every step of the way. It’s not worth the time and effort. That’s how business works

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 6:59 am
amother Currant wrote:

Of course it's typical to make a profit, why should they work without profit?? Everyone works for profit, otherwise they're basically working for free.
But many repairmen/plumbers..... buy their parts at home depot or local stores.

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:02 am
My point was that when you charge for the service, and not for the parts. because you're in the service field and not in the retail business. But I hear that there are all diff types of ppl.
So OP, I understand you're frustration in paying more for the bins!

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:05 am
amother Brown wrote:
Of course it's typical to make a profit, why should they work without profit?? Everyone works for profit, otherwise they're basically working for free.
But many repairmen/plumbers..... buy their parts at home depot or local stores.

They charge you it’s included on the price. All products ste upcharged. It’s the exception if it’s not

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:11 am
amother Eggplant wrote:
They charge you it’s included on the price. All products ste upcharged. It’s the exception if it’s not

Parts are generally not included in the service/installation fee. They quote it as to separate charges. They'd say $90 for parts, $120 for service. So the total would be $210. In my experience with several different repairmen and plumbers, parts are not upcharged. It's the same price as the stores charge. The service charge is the same even if I supply the parts.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics