Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for info on Atlanta - which neighborhoods to avoid

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:00 pm
My kids are going to Atlanta, Georgia for 3 days and I'm looking for some information - mostly on which neighborhoods are safest and which they should stay away from. They'd like to book a hotel today so it's a little time sensitive. I just want to make sure they're in a safe neighborhood. I'm also concerned about the rioting I saw there earlier this week and I'm looking to find out if it's still going on or if that was just a one day thing. Any info is tremendously appreciated!

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:11 pm
I’m visiting Atlanta now. I recommend staying near centennial park (there are lots of options here) since it’s walking distance to all the attractions. Definitely no rioting thst I’ve seen all week I’ve been here. How old are your kids ?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:19 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I’m visiting Atlanta now. I recommend staying near centennial park (there are lots of options here) since it’s walking distance to all the attractions. Definitely no rioting thst I’ve seen all week I’ve been here. How old are your kids ?

Thanks so much! They're high teens and low 20s. If you'd like to give me some more info, I'm all ears. Smile

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:20 pm
I live here in Atlanta - why don't they book a hotel near Toco Hills so they're near the shuls, kosher restaurants, stores, etc and it's safe. I live in Dunwoody - that's another option. There are hotels near Perimeter Mall. As far as the riots...have not heard about them 🙈

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:31 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:
I live here in Atlanta - why don't they book a hotel near Toco Hills so they're near the shuls, kosher restaurants, stores, etc and it's safe. I live in Dunwoody - that's another option. There are hotels near Perimeter Mall. As far as the riots...have not heard about them 🙈

Thanks for the great info. I'm so relieved to hear you haven't seen any rioting. It's hard to tell what's actually going on from watching the news. They were showing antifa rioting in downtown Atlanta. Is downtown unsafe in general? I just want to make sure they stay away from any bad neighborhoods.

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:32 pm
amother Tangerine wrote:

When I’m a tourist I personally hate driving to the attractions. I like to stay as close as possible.

OP from my window I can see an embassy suites, Omni and aloft. But there are many more

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 3:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for the great info. I'm so relieved to hear you haven't seen any rioting. It's hard to tell what's actually going on from watching the news. They were showing antifa rioting in downtown Atlanta. Is downtown unsafe in general? I just want to make sure they stay away from any bad neighborhoods.

Literally haven’t seen or heard of anything and I’m staying downtown

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:49 pm
Thanks for the info, it really helped us plan their trip. I'm wondering if anyone would happen to know about the Coca Cola factory - I heard some drinks are kosher there and some aren't but how can they know which ones are and aren't?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics