Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig prices. SM are not money grabbing monsters!!
  Previous  1  2  3  22  23  24

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:45 am
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
Another bad example that’s not comparable

It costs much more money now to pay for utilities and upkeep of an apt you’re renting out.

What’s costing more for the sm’s to justify them tripling and quadrupling the price? Scissors? Shampoo?
well, for people who bought houses at new, increased price mortgages cost more, too. Much,much more. I understand when new landlords want to charge $3000 for a 2000sq f house , because it's highly possible they pay around $2400 in mortgage (rough examples). Old landlords who didn't get higher interest rate to pay out got pure benefits. Housing prices yes went up steeply, so there is explanation why investment property costs much more (same as construction business). Isn't this thread about steep price increase which has no reason besides "I want to "?

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:49 am
Another bad example that’s not comparable

It costs much more money now to pay for utilities and upkeep of an apt you’re renting out.

What’s costing more for the sm’s to justify them tripling and quadrupling the price? Scissors? Shampoo?

Tenant pays utilities in most rentals in Lakewood. It costs $800 more a month to upkeep the rental than it did 3 years ago? In what universe?

What about an entry level office worker? How does she justify it? Costs more for her upkeep? I’ll bet it does 😀

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 9:55 am

There’s no excuse, no explanation to make this ok
It’s geneiva, it’s taking advantage of other Jewish women, and I guarantee it’s not ok up in heaven

You can call it geneiva. You can call it chametz or Bassar Bichalav. It doesn’t make it so. It is a question of onaah and you will be hard pressed to find any beis din who will take your position. DH says there are numerous reasons why onaah doesn’t apply here.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 10:01 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
You can call it geneiva. You can call it chametz or Bassar Bichalav. It doesn’t make it so. It is a question of onaah and you will be hard pressed to find any beis din who will take your position. DH says there are numerous reasons why onaah doesn’t apply here.

Dh says? Lol are we in the women arguments forum?even if onaah doesn't hypothetically apply, can we not bring husbands as proof?

amother
DarkGray

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 10:04 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Dh says? Lol are we in the women arguments forum?even if onaah doesn't hypothetically apply, can we not bring husbands as proof?

Sorry I happened to have never learned choshen mishpat. DH has, and has led a high level chaburah at one point. Rather than guess I asked him for an educated answer as to whether there is geneiva here.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:50 am
amother DarkGray wrote:

Whether you can bring it to Beis Din or not, it morally does apply, as you'll find out if you do your own research. A good person who cares will not do it.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:19 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
well, for people who bought houses at new, increased price mortgages cost more, too. Much,much more. I understand when new landlords want to charge $3000 for a 2000sq f house , because it's highly possible they pay around $2400 in mortgage (rough examples). Old landlords who didn't get higher interest rate to pay out got pure benefits. Housing prices yes went up steeply, so there is explanation why investment property costs much more (same as construction business). Isn't this thread about steep price increase which has no reason besides "I want to "?

Yes that’s why the ones defending the overchargers sound ridiculous because they come with comparisons of things that aren’t the same at all

The bottom line is they know there’s nothing behind this except greed in this case

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:20 pm
amother DarkGray wrote:

Who’s your dh?
We say by asking our own dh and because a rov told us so that these sm’s are very wrong for what they’re doing

It is geneiva and it’s greed

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:50 pm
Should a SM get significant tuition breaks rather than raise prices?

Can a widowed SM command higher prices than a married SM?

Can a SM with many children ask for higher prices rather than depend on programs and tezedekah?

I am not understanding why SM specifically are not allowed to price their services for what people will pay them

If the job requires little skill and no expensive equipment and training, then it is a perfect opportunity for other women to provide this lucrative service.

Trademark

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:53 pm
Who’s your dh?
We say by asking our own dh and because a rov told us so that these sm’s are very wrong for what they’re doing

It is geneiva and it’s greed

Also even if strictly by the letter of the law they are not obligated, there is lifnim meshiras hadin.

I often read the chosen mishpat column in Hamodia and they often write according to halacha you are not obligated, but it's the good / right thing to do. (I don't recall now the exact term they use.)

(This is a general point for these type of discussions, didn't read through the entire thread.)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:56 pm
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Should a SM get significant tuition breaks rather than raise prices?

Can a widowed SM command higher prices than a married SM?

Can a SM with many children ask for higher prices rather than depend on programs and tezedekah?

I am not understanding why SM specifically are not allowed to price their services for what people will pay them

If the job requires little skill and no expensive equipment and training, then it is a perfect opportunity for other women to provide this lucrative service.
. What do you mean they are not allowed? They do, they charge this. And people consider them robbers. How anyone prevents them from charging their rate practically? People just think it's ripoff, and what's wrong with this thinking? A bomb-in other schools and ideologies of economy,customers and their willingness to pay for the goods determine prices ,not laws of supply &demand. I think we have confusion between market regulations by government (beisdin, etc) and customers unwillingness to pay for these prices. Customers are entitled to refuse to pay SM this prices, same way as SM charge their fees. Customers are the ones regulating this market at this point, you can't tell people to shut up and accept the price someone charges.
Page 24 of 24   Previous  1  2  3  22  23  24 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels