Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
GRRRRRRR - Women's only bathroom is dirty

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:37 am
OK here goes.

I work with approximately 4-5 women. Not all of them are full time. Some work remotely as much as 3 times a week. The 1 shared bathroom is always dirty!

These are adults, that run a home, with children. Do they not notice or not care?

If you used up the tissues box, replace it. Yes, open the box. Throw the flap out. No, the floor is not a garbage. Yes, use the air freshener if you had an extended stay. All tissues should be disposed of, even those used to dry the hands after washing up.

I have put up various humorous notices over the years. They all know it is me TMI . Didn't seem to help.

Rant over.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:48 am
amother OP wrote:
OK here goes.

I work with approximately 4-5 women. Not all of them are full time. Some work remotely as much as 3 times a week. The 1 shared bathroom is always dirty!

These are adults, that run a home, with children. Do they not notice or not care?

If you used up the tissues box, replace it. Yes, open the box. Throw the flap out. No, the floor is not a garbage. Yes, use the air freshener if you had an extended stay. All tissues should be disposed of, even those used to dry the hands after washing up.

I have put up various humorous notices over the years. They all know it is me TMI . Didn't seem to help.

Rant over.

Isn’t there a professional cleaner who does the cleaning periodically?
I wouldn’t feel responsible to clean toilets at work. Not my job.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:56 am
amother Magenta wrote:
Isn’t there a professional cleaner who does the cleaning periodically?
I wouldn’t feel responsible to clean toilets at work. Not my job.

I don't think OP is talking about scrubbing any toilets with a toilet brush. Just throwing out trash and making sure there is toilet paper stocked.

I would be very annoyed also OP. I don't have any advice except maybe be really upfront about it and send an email to all the women saying please let's be mindful of the bathroom tidying.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:59 am
amother Cerise wrote:
I don't think OP is talking about scrubbing any toilets with a toilet brush. Just throwing out trash and making sure there is toilet paper stocked.

I would be very annoyed also OP. I don't have any advice except maybe be really upfront about it and send an email to all the women saying please let's be mindful of the bathroom tidying.

There are usually workers specifically to clean the bathroom and offices.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:02 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

Yes that is true. But that shouldn't prevent grown women from throwing their tissues into the trash bin. And notifying someone if there is no more toilet paper. That's what I do in my work place. Basic standards of courtesy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Yes that is true. But that shouldn't prevent grown women from throwing their tissues into the trash bin. And notifying someone if there is no more toilet paper. That's what I do in my work place. Basic standards of courtesy.

Yes. Ty

We have weekly cleaning. This is not a corporate place. Low key heimish place with all employees living in neighborhood.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 12:41 pm
amother Magenta wrote:

This doesn't mean that you get to throw your tissues on the floor and leave the bathroom stinky or dirty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics