Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Refuah Health Share
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:46 pm
Looking into it for my newly married couple, as well as for my family.
Do you have it? Can you tell me how you like it?

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:53 pm
So far so good. Have it close to 2 years.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 1:55 pm
I wouldn’t use it for newlyweds. It doesn’t cover maternity/ prenatal care as far as I remember.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:32 pm
no. I cannot emphasize enough not to do it.
for a regular doctor it’s easy to use. however, with insurance the costs of doctors visits are less. they don’t pay for labs (doesn’t even go toward deductible and not for prescriptions either)
my husband had an endoscopy we paid through our nose. and took forever to get the codes to give in. and whatever they sent united refuah made it tough and didn’t want to send it. pregnancy is tough especially if you have to collect the codes every visit. it’s a huge huge headache. and not worth it. I have insurance now. and whatever isn’t covered is significantly cheaper because you have insurance.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:36 pm
I have it for two years. Bh bh bh its been a waste of money for us.
From what ive heard, if you dont have medical issues or many visits and are healthy but just need it as a backup in case chas vesholom then its worth it. Saves you loads.
If you go to the doctor frequently this is not for you.
They do cover pregnancy care after 4000 copay.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:38 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
no. I cannot emphasize enough not to do it.
for a regular doctor it’s easy to use. however, with insurance the costs of doctors visits are less. they don’t pay for labs (doesn’t even go toward deductible and not for prescriptions either)
my husband had an endoscopy we paid through our nose. and took forever to get the codes to give in. and whatever they sent united refuah made it tough and didn’t want to send it. pregnancy is tough especially if you have to collect the codes every visit. it’s a huge huge headache. and not worth it. I have insurance now. and whatever isn’t covered is significantly cheaper because you have insurance.

Do you pay as a self-pay customer?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:41 pm
This is a different question, but I understand that there was a deadline to enroll through the marketplace, and that deadline passed.
Is that true? And if it is, what other option does a family with no insurance have?
My family has no major health issues (aside from one child with allergies), so I don't want to pay a ton for health insurance.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:51 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is a different question, but I understand that there was a deadline to enroll through the marketplace, and that deadline passed.
Is that true? And if it is, what other option does a family with no insurance have?
My family has no major health issues (aside from one child with allergies), so I don't want to pay a ton for health insurance.

I think you can still sign up tonight. Move fast.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 2:53 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I think you can still sign up tonight. Move fast.

For marketplace or refuah?

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:26 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
I wouldn’t use it for newlyweds. It doesn’t cover maternity/ prenatal care as far as I remember.

It does. Where did you hear otherwise?

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
For marketplace or refuah?

Marketplace

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Snow wrote:

It only covers if you are in it 3 months prior to a pregnancy. Otherwise it's considered a pre-existing condtion which they wont' pay for.

amother
Aconite

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 3:49 pm
For the price I pay I can’t complain. I don hate the complicated code system, I wish I could just send them my bill. Also, the website is really bad. But my other option would be paying a huge monthly premium plus huge deductible.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 4:34 pm
amother Snow wrote:

Maybe it’s changed. I called them a few years ago right when they opened and that’s what I remember them telling me but it’s also possible I am not remembering right.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 4:46 pm
It is not considered insurance so you lack the protection of health insurance.

You must submit a health questionnaire and any preexisting conditions are excluded. If they found you weren’t honest, they will not cover. This is like the bad old days of health insurance when the insurers would attempt to avoid coverage by claiming a preexisting condition.

I believe they will not cover you if you aren’t healthy as in being overweight. They do not cover smokers at all.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 2:56 pm
amother Orange wrote:
It is not considered insurance so you lack the protection of health insurance.

You must submit a health questionnaire and any preexisting conditions are excluded. If they found you weren’t honest, they will not cover. This is like the bad old days of health insurance when the insurers would attempt to avoid coverage by claiming a preexisting condition.

I believe they will not cover you if you aren’t healthy as in being overweight. They do not cover smokers at all.

What do you mean, it's not considered a health insurance, so you lack the protection of health insurance?

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 3:03 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
What do you mean, it's not considered a health insurance, so you lack the protection of health insurance?

Literally what I wrote.

Insurance is highly regulated by both the states and the federal government. It has to maintain certain capital reserves and it has to operate within the regulations for health insurance. Since these aren’t legally insurance companies, you wouldn’t have the same legal protections.

That is why coverage is different and they are allowed to require health questionnaires and reject pre existing conditions for example. They could theoretically refuse a claim if for some reason your application wasn’t accurate for another example.

None of the various health share companies are legally selling insurance as they operate solely under a loophole. If you are a policy wonk, you can google further.

From their website

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 3:48 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Literally what I wrote.

Insurance is highly regulated by both the states and the federal government. It has to maintain certain capital reserves and it has to operate within the regulations for health insurance. Since these aren’t legally insurance companies, you wouldn’t have the same legal protections.

That is why coverage is different and they are allowed to require health questionnaires and reject pre existing conditions for example. They could theoretically refuse a claim if for some reason your application wasn’t accurate for another example.

None of the various health share companies are legally selling insurance as they operate solely under a loophole. If you are a policy wonk, you can google further.

Thanks for explaining.

What choices would a single over 26 who is not eligible for Medicaid or government insurance, and is unable to work FT at one job, able to get?

You seem to know your stuff!!
Any particular Obama care plans that are really good, and reasonable?

Thanks

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 3:51 pm
amother Glitter wrote:
Thanks for explaining.

What choices would a single over 26 who is not eligible for Medicaid or government insurance, and is unable to work FT at one job, able to get?

You seem to know your stuff!!
Any particular Obama care plans that are really good, and reasonable?

Thanks

You probably can’t purchase insurance at this point because enrollment ended in January 31 unkess there is some qualifying event which enables you to enroll outside open enrollment.

You should contact a broker to find out your options first thing tomorrow in the event there is any latitude.

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 3:54 pm
amother Orange wrote:
You probably can’t purchase insurance at this point because enrollment ended in January 31 unkess there is some qualifying event which enables you to enroll outside open enrollment.

You should contact a broker to find out your options first thing tomorrow in the event there is any latitude.

We can, because the qualifying event didn't happen yet. Dd will be turning 26 very shortly, and will be getting kicked off our insurance.

I have no idea where to start, who to call or what to do Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics