Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach in Sandbridge, Virginia Beach this year?

LibbyV

Post Fri, Jan 20 2023, 5:00 am
Is there anyone here who has reserved a home in Sandbridge for Pesach this year?

(Or maybe you know of people who have?)

Looking for a minyan with a sefer Torah.

I also welcome any information about other locations within an 8-hour drive from NY/NJ that will have some families renting homes for Pesach this year. (Preferably south for the warmer weather.)

Thanks!

amother
Stonewash

Post Sun, Jan 22 2023, 7:11 pm
Following.

frmom

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:38 pm
following

7brachos

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:33 pm
We booked a house for Pesach. Another family we're going with is bringing a Sefer Torah

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:44 pm
7brachos wrote:
We booked a house for Pesach. Another family we're going with is bringing a Sefer Torah

That sounds interesting. Is there any information about this? Anyone who’s formally putting this together? Thanks.

smartymiki007

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:59 pm
About how much do houses cost to rent for Pesach? How many rooms per house?

LO

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 7:43 pm
following

Matisse

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:01 pm
Hi. I am planning to offer catering for Pesach again this year. I am located in Norfolk and offer delivery or pick up. I am renting the kitchen at our shul and using a VAAD supervised kitchen. In addition, all of my Pesach food is prepared in a nut free kitchen. I am planning to e-mail my menu to my clients later this week. Please let me know if you would like to be added to the list - I bcc everyone in order to keep your contact information private.

My menu is not non gebrokts, however, almost everything is gluten free. I label the few items on my menu that contain matzah meal.

Thanks so much!! Shari Berman cater613

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:29 pm
The houses range from 4-10 bedrooms and cost anywhere from $2k - $15k for the entire Yom Tov, depending on size, condition, amenities, and proximity to the ocean. To see options and pricing, check out https://www.siebert-realty.com/ and https://www.sandbridge.com/.

Matisse

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:19 am
If you are interested in my Pesach menu, please e-mail me at pesachcater613@gmail.com. The deadline for orders is this Tuesday at noon. Thanks so much!

skaran

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:16 am
New to this forum - and interested in Sandbridge for Pesach 2024 - houses look beautiful on line. Any advice on what NOT to do? Suggestions for rentals if I want to be close to people who'd have a sefer torah? We'd likely have 4 men in our group.

doctorima

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 11:45 am
Most people who go don't book this early. You're of course welcome to do so, and will get the best selection and prices if you beat the rush, but you run the risk of being farther from a minyan. I do know of one confirmed minyan in the 2900 block, and in my experience there are usually many people who rent in the 3400-3600 area, so if you find a place there you should also be fine.

There may end up being a minyan in the lower numbers (2400-2700), but it's much less popular so I'd probably avoid that area. Oceanfront houses are amazing for their views, but generally much more expensive.

ETA Just today I heard about two more families who booked and plan to host minyan, one in the 2600 block and the other 2700.

skaran

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 8:07 pm
Thanks so much for your quick reply!

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Jul 23 2023, 8:25 pm
Nearly 6 hours from Roaring Gap. That's too far for me to drive. Hiding Hiding Hiding

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 5:54 pm
Anyone been to this place for succos?

Eemie

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 10:33 pm
I am new to Pesach in Virginia Beach. Just booked a house in the 2400s on Sandfiddler Road. Does anyone know of a minyan in that area. We are 4 men. Thanks.

doctorima

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 11:13 pm
It's still a little early for most minyanim to be organizing. As I posted above, there is one in the 2600 block, which is definitely walkable. The best thing to do at this point is to join the WA group if you're not on already, since that's where you'll get tons of valuable info about minyan, activities, food, and more as it gets closer.

Eemie

Post Thu, Nov 09 2023, 10:45 pm
Thank you. I am trying to join a WA group.

Est423

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 1:52 pm
Do you know how to join the whats app group. We were also considering going to Virginia Beach for Pesach.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 2:44 pm
Est423 wrote:
Do you know how to join the whats app group. We were also considering going to Virginia Beach for Pesach.

Feel free to PM me and I can send you the link.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics