Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Nugget type couch

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 4:48 pm
If you have a nugget couch.....
Is a nugget worth it? Do your kids really use it, play well with it? Has anyone ordered a knockoff from Amazon? How do they compare?
Do they ever go on sale? Seems expensive for some cushions, but I keep hearing about it and am looking for something for my playroom.
Thanks!

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Sep 09 2022, 4:51 pm
I have a nugget and love it. My kids hang out on it all day and love building with it and using it as a crash pad. I love sitting on it too it's so comfortable. I know people that got knock off ones, they said it's not as plush and doesn't stand well. But if you can't afford the nugget they still enjoy them.

mushkamothers

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 9:01 pm
I got the nugget in 2019 before it became huge and popular. So we've had it quite a few years although not heavily used (just bc of ages of my kids and logistical space). the closest dupe I have heard of is kozy kouch from sam's club, something like that, you can google for reviews. the nugget is very well made, it's great for all ages, and it holds its resale value so you can always flip it.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 9:04 pm
We have the figgy . It’s way overpriced and only got it from a grant for sensory items from the board of developmental delays that had to be spent on this type of stuff. My son loves it and uses it a lot but could totally have similar activities made with a bunch of random cushions or beanbags . It’s convenient and easy to clean up but nothing so amazing.

Sewsew_mom

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 9:46 pm
I have a couple. And it's probably of the most used "toys/entertainment" in my house.
You probably don't need as many as I have.. But you need more than 1 to make it fun for kids.
I wouldn't get knock off..

Last edited by Sewsew_mom on Sat, Sep 10 2022, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sat, Sep 10 2022, 9:49 pm
I have a bunch of play couches from a few different brands. Nugget is the best one but the others are good too. Nugget does not go on sale. Other brands occasionally do.

If you compare to the price of a couch nowadays it's pretty good. I stack 2 nuggets to make 1 couch.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:04 pm
amother aquamarine, I'm the OP of a current post asking about nuggets. Not sure if you commented over there, but I wanted to ask you if you think it's better to have two stacked for a couch as opposed to just one. This would be for my playroom couch (when the nugget is not being used by my kids) so I want adults to be able to sit there and to feel relatively comfortable....

Sewsew_mom

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 5:55 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
amother aquamarine, I'm the OP of a current post asking about nuggets. Not sure if you commented over there, but I wanted to ask you if you think it's better to have two stacked for a couch as opposed to just one. This would be for my playroom couch (when the nugget is not being used by my kids) so I want adults to be able to sit there and to feel relatively comfortable....

Def need 2 if you plan for adults to be using them as a couch.
Good luck!

skilled

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 8:33 pm
Bump. What about Roo and You the Joey-I keep seeing it advertised. Also is it worth it if I can only buy one?

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:02 pm
skilled wrote:
Bump. What about Roo and You the Joey-I keep seeing it advertised. Also is it worth it if I can only buy one?
Roo & you has very bad customer service. Nugget is way better.

You can get 1 to start and add more later

skilled

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 2:42 pm
Thanks. Anyone else?

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 2:56 pm
skilled wrote:
Thanks. Anyone else?

Whats wrong with nuggets that you're trying to find alternatives?

skilled

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 2:59 pm
It’s expensive, before I spend that type of money I want to make sure it’s worth it
ETA I’m not the OP of this thread but I bumped it up bec I had the same questions

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 3:07 pm
I got one recently and loving it. it's beautiful, comfy, fun, practical. I only bought one and I'm okay sitting on it when my kids are playing. my toddler loves it, my big kids love it. imo, def worth the money.

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Aug 23 2023, 3:40 pm
The nugget company is good. The couches last. They are sturdy. They are genuine. Customer service is excellent. How much money are you saving to purchase a knockoff for the hassle that it won't live up to the original product and not function the way the original was intended.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics