Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Youtube videos to help kid relax

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:17 am
Hi, my dd is probably gifted and probably has adhd. She also has other things going on. she was in therapy- ot and counseling in the past but I don't know how much it helped.
Yesterday she totally flipped out about something and later when I talked to her about it she admitted that she overreacted and she expressed interest in learning how to control herself better. I was wondering if anyone has any youtube videos that there elementary age children are willing to do to help them relax?
Thank you!

yachnabobba

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:05 pm
Try inside the airplane sounds
Plane spotting
The Serengeti
Lions
Also For very bright kids you can access college level courses on YouTube- mental stimulation might keep child more controlled

Coffee beanz

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:14 pm
Yoga
Sound baths

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:25 pm
Sounds and stories without picture are way better ways to relax. Like on Spotify they have books read by people.

Moving picture/videos like on YouTube would be more stimulating and not helpful to relax.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:28 pm
We love the sleep tight relax podcast series- we listen on apple podcasts

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 7:35 pm
didn't find any videos relaxing for my adhd son. Just made him doped like hooked onto it. Would have him all wound up after and only wanted to watch more... I put a stop to it, was super hard , but glad we did it.

If I do let him from time to time it's more of a tutorial one. Like a step by step drawing that he does while he watches it. Or sometimes an educational one, like video on animals. Always with a preset timer or limit.

That's my experience with my kid, but all kids are different...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 8:15 pm
yeah, unless it's movement, not really looking for something to watch, it's just what we use to listen to... she actually doesn't get screen time.
I don't have spotify or apple podcasts. just took a look and see that you can get spotify for free but there are ads. what are the adds like. should I be concerned?

I see that I was able to get the sleeptightrelax podcast on amazon music. Just put it on for her. Thank you!!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 8:23 pm
amother Oldlace wrote:
We love the sleep tight relax podcast series- we listen on apple podcasts

Thank you!!!

amother
Trillium

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 8:24 pm
Hemisync music is very calming. You can get it on YouTube. You don't need to watch anything just listen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics