Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
With dh in a hotel with the bathroom right there
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:32 am
I agree with the posters mentioning ways to get to the root of the issue
But for a meantime solution - how about turning on the tv loud? He’ll be too distracted to hear anything else.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:34 am
Run the sink it’s really simple. Or wait until he’s sleeping or out of the room.

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:35 am
Rachel Shira wrote:
To all the sound machine recommendations/water running etc, white noise muffles what’s going on in a different room. If you turn the water on in the bathroom, the person in the other room will still hear you. Just a PSA.

Except it gets all jumbled together so you can’t hear distinct clear sounds. I’ve tested it

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:54 am
I understand you OP. I hate going to the bathroom when other people can hear, or if other people are waiting for the bathroom. Gives me anxiety and then I can’t go.
I’ve told DH about this and at home I ask him to listen to music or take a phone call or something or he leaves the room. In a hotel I’ve run the fan and water loud.

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:23 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
Run the sink it’s really simple. Or wait until he’s sleeping or out of the room.

I'm really trying to be sympathetic in this post. But I really think that you need to get therapy for this. If someone even needs to think that they have to wait until their husband is asleep to go to the bathroom I don't know how you can have a true relationship. I shared this post with my husband and we are having a really hard time with this. This is a bodily function that every single person does pretty much from the moment they're born. I'm really not trying to sound mean that I really think those of you that have a problem with this really need to get help for it. I really really hope there's hope out there because I think that you have to be asleep before you can go to the bathroom in front of your spouse that is really just not a quality of life. And you know what I sometimes fart when we're together. And my husband literally tells me it's okay he understands and he does the same when he needs to. Not saying we go around doing it on purpose just saying sometimes it happens. I've actually been quite sick and when I cough I often have fart at the same time and sometimes it's in places where it's extremely extremely embarrassing and I really try not to and sometimes it just happens that I can't hold a sneeze back. I'm a drop embarrassed but I know that it was totally not on purpose and it just kind of smile and move on what am I supposed to do. So I think with a spouse you have to have a certain level of safety. And to me safety means being able to go to the bathroom without worry for starters.

Roots

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 3:18 am
im married as much time as you
but I totally walk into the bathroom if I need while my husband is using the bathroom
to brush my teeth or hang a towel etc
and vice versa and its completely normal for us
but if it really bothers you , you can turn on the tv in the hotel room or put music on your phone in the bathroom
remember that going to the bathroom is normal and everyone does it starting from the biggest gadol and ending with the president of the US
pharoah was the one who tried to deny he needs it and 'went' in the nile
remember that?
everyone needs the bathroom
and everyone's body has odors and maked noises and theres no running away from that
try to start accepting your body as what it is- a stinky body lol
OP is your husband a person who gets grossed out easily? does it bother him? or do you think he would flow with it if you just went when you needed?

amother
Almond

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 3:38 am
amother cornflower wrote:
I understand you OP. I hate going to the bathroom when other people can hear, or if other people are waiting for the bathroom. Gives me anxiety and then I can’t go.
I’ve told DH about this and at home I ask him to listen to music or take a phone call or something or he leaves the room. In a hotel I’ve run the fan and water loud.

Same. In school I would use another divisions bathroom because they had recess at a different time.

I just can’t go around other people.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 3:51 am
amother Snowdrop wrote:
A little off topic, who else is embarrassed when they finish in the bathroom and then dh goes in?
Or my DC who goes in afterwards and says "mommy made a poopie" we have a bathroom garbage for dirty diapers so I like to have that as a response

Spray when your done! And have a wall mounted air freshener, or a plug in! Simplest easiest solution.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics