Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Strong boy names that are easy to pronounce
Previous  1  2  3

schoolbus

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 2:04 pm
You can do Aron and nickname Ari

amother
Impatiens

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:07 am
DrMom wrote:
Only those who know Sanskrit. How many is that? And how many are you likely to encounter (I'd venture that many are linguists living in India)?

Anyone who reads the Kama Sutra will know what Yoni is. Even though it's translated into English, it retains the Sanskrit names for the genitals.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:41 am
Ezra is beautiful
Daniel is a good one too

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:57 am
Yehoshua works if you call him Shua, it's just still an issue with doctor's offices etc. They end up saying Joshua which I don't mind since he just hears the "Shua" at the end anyhow.

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, May 20 2023, 11:41 pm
amother Ultramarine wrote:
You got lots of good suggestions. I'll add Boaz - literally, "strength is in him."

Eli will be pronounced Ee-lie rather than Eh-lee by people who don't know Hebrew. Do you care?

Yoni is Sanskrit for "the source" - female reproductive organs. Outside of Jewish circles, people snicker.

My son's name is Yoni. Literally no one has ever laughed because of the Sanskrit translation. What regular gentiles do you know who just know random Sanskrit words?? Honestly what a weird comment.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:03 am
amother Geranium wrote:
My son's name is Yoni. Literally no one has ever laughed because of the Sanskrit translation. What regular gentiles do you know who just know random Sanskrit words?? Honestly what a weird comment.

Oish…
I hate to break it to you but it’s pretty widely known that “yoni” refers to v@gina

amother
Lotus

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:08 am
amother Ultramarine wrote:
You got lots of good suggestions. I'll add Boaz - literally, "strength is in him."

Eli will be pronounced Ee-lie rather than Eh-lee by people who don't know Hebrew. Do you care?

Yoni is Sanskrit for "the source" - female reproductive organs. Outside of Jewish circles, people snicker.

Literally no one knows that about the name yoni. All our names sound weird to non Jews. I’m proud of my children’s names, just like an Indian or Arab will be proud of their name

amother
Thistle

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:18 am
amother Cappuccino wrote:
Oish…
I hate to break it to you but it’s pretty widely known that “yoni” refers to v@gina

I'm from a pretty exposed community and no one has ever mentioned this version of Yoni.

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 21 2023, 12:37 am
Since when are yehuda and Yehoshua hard to pronounce?
Gideon and Daniel will be pronounced the English way. Personally that bothers me. If you’re okay with that, go ahead. I’d change the spelling to Doniel and Gidon.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names