Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
El-Al booking question regarding infant

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:16 am
Heya,

I'm planning to go to Eretz Yisrael in the summer (June really) with DH and the baby who is not born yet. I try to contact El-Al but I was a little bit too late they are closed and I can't find my question. Can I book a ticket for my unborn baby? Or not? The prices are rising and it's important to know if we can go yes or no, I also can go later after August, since the baby will be in late August 6 months I don't know if it's better to go in mid/late June or to go in Late August/ begin September.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:24 am
You can book b4 it's born

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:25 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
You can
I don't see the option 'my baby is not born yet'

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:27 am
Maybe try booking through a travel agent? It shouldn’t cost you any more money and they’ll be able to take care of those details

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:29 am
We didn't fly El Al, but with United we booked before the baby was born. Used "Baby" as the first name, with our last name. After the baby was born, we called United and had the ticket switched to the real name.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:40 am
Are you planning to buy a seat for your baby, or will it be a lap baby? If it’s a lap baby you can add the lap baby after birth

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:42 am
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
Are you planning to buy a seat for your baby, or will it be a lap baby? If it’s a lap baby you can add the lap baby after birth
Lap baby Amsterdam to Tel Aviv is 4 to 5 hours not 12 from the US.

amother
Yolk

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:53 am
I also think that a baby that sits on the adult's lap and doesn't require a separate seat, can be booked at a later date.
You might want to search for 'can I add a baby to my booking' or similar idea to see if they have the option.

summer0808

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 12:09 pm
Just beware that you should leave yourself extra time for check-in and security with such a ticket. Whether you book with a generic 'baby' or add a lapbaby later. I know people that missed planes because of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions