Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Broadway shows
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:00 am
singleagain wrote:
I'm not even sure if there are rush tickets. But you'd have to go to TKTS. That would be the best bet for last minute tickets unless you're going to hang out by the box office.

Also, here's a list of other Broadway shows cuz there's not just musicals you know and you might be interested in some of those

https://www.nyc.com/broadway_t.....w_wcB

What's TKTS?

I'm not familiar with shows so I would need to hear what's good

singleagain

I just looked. There are no rush tickets for either Aladdin or Lion King

doctorima

amother OP wrote:
Are there ever any discounts for these shows?

There's a lottery for tickets to both. If you win you get really cheap seats, though you won't know where they are until you pick them up at will call. And the odds aren't great, so if you need to go to a specific show and even more if you need a specific date, you shouldn't count on it. If you are flexible, it's a great option though:

https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/

mizle10

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:02 am
singleagain wrote:
Better is so subjective

Personally liked Aladdin and I would go see it again and again more than I would go see Lion King... Lion King, I saw once back in wow like a decade ago and that was more than enough for me

Another vote for Aladdin

singleagain

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:03 am
amother OP wrote:
What's TKTS?

I'm not familiar with shows so I would need to hear what's good

https://www.tdf.org/nyc/81/Available-Shows

Again though good is subjective. I would look at the list of shows that I posted. See what sounds interesting to you. Then come back and maybe ask. Say oh this show looked interesting. What do you know about it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:05 am
doctorima wrote:
There's a lottery for tickets to both. If you win you get really cheap seats, though you won't know where they are until you pick them up at will call. And the odds aren't great, so if you need to go to a specific show and even more if you need a specific date, you shouldn't count on it. If you are flexible, it's a great option though:

https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/

$35? To maybe win? And even if I win, may be the worst seats in the house? No, thanks!

amother
Hyssop

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:15 am
amother OP wrote:
$35? To maybe win? And even if I win, may be the worst seats in the house? No, thanks!

If you win you get great seats for $35

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 10:15 am
I liked Lion King better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:21 am
amother Hyssop wrote:
If you win you get great seats for $35

Ok, I think I may have misunderstood. I thought the $35 is the raffle cost. I just attempted to purchase tickets for tonight just to see how it works, and I figured I won't pay for it. Unknowingly, I entered the lottery. So I guess if I win and I choose to go ahead with it, then I will pay $35. It seems like it's not a commitment. I would have 60 minutes to pay once I win. Am I correct? If so, it's worth a try! (Unfortunately, I have a simcha tonight, so even if I win, I will not be able to take those tickets.)

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:43 am
amother OP wrote:

No charge to enter, also no obligation. They send you an email letting you know if you've won, and if you do, you have 1 hour to pay. You then go to will call shortly before show time and pick up your tickets. Again, you won't know where your seats will be, but they will definitely be worth what you paid.

Batsheva1

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 1:54 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Like I said, I'm clueless TMI Is it acceptable to bring along an infant? If yes, do I need to pay for the infant?
You definitely cannot bring an infant. They won't allow you into the theater (and they probably won't give you a refund) In addition every person must have a ticket to get into the theater but even a paid ticket for your infant won't get her in.

ChalieB

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 4:14 am
I recommend going to see Wicked!

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 30 2023, 11:47 pm
Where can I see a preview...would lov to see one. Not musical wanna see something comedy as a night out in the city...a preforming of setting ...any suggestions

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 5:29 am
amother Ecru wrote:
Where can I see a preview...would lov to see one. Not musical wanna see something comedy as a night out in the city...a preforming of setting ...any suggestions

Do you mean like an ad for what's in the show or a show that is not officially open?

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:05 am
For lotteries for current and upcoming Broadway shows, check out this page:

https://broadwayforbrokepeople.com/

Additionally, if you like seeing shows, I highly recommend signing up to LincTix and Hiptix if you're between the ages of 21-35 (Linctix) and/ or 18-40 (Hiptix).
It's free to sign up!

Linctix: https://www.lct.org/linctix/

- Is free to join!
- Gives you access to cheap tickets -- just $32 for each new LCT and LCT3 production at the Vivian Beaumont, Mitzi E. Newhouse and Claire Tow Theaters and on Broadway. (Price includes a $2 LCT facility fee.)
- Gets you invitations to free post-show parties! LincTix nights will be announced by email when tickets go on sale for each new show.
- Allows you to purchase tickets in advance -- as soon as the show is on sale to the public. No more last minute rush to the box office! A limited number of LincTix are available for EVERY performance.
Let's you be social -- buy tickets with other LincTix members to see shows together.
- Stays active until December 31st following your 36th birthday - you don't need to worry about renewing each year.

If you're not 21-35 years old but you're a student, you can get $32 Student Rush tickets beginning two hours before a performance at the Box Office (subject to availability). Student rush tickets are limited to one ticket per performance and you must show a valid college/university ID to purchase a ticket. Price includes a $2 LCT facility fee.

Hiptix: https://www.roundabouttheatre......ptix/

Hiptix is Roundabout's low-price ticket program for theatregoers 18–40.

It's free to join, and gets you access to $30 tickets to all Roundabout shows, plus invites to great parties.

- All tickets are $30*. You can purchase 2 tickets for each production with your Hiptix membership and your guest can be any age.
- You can buy tickets in advance—in fact, we reserve a limited number at every performance just for Hiptix members.
- Hiptix tickets sell out frequently. To get better seats and more access to tickets last minute, join Generation Roundabout or Hiptix Gold.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 9:40 am
amother Ecru wrote:

Most shows have 1-2 minute trailers. Google e.g "Aladdin Broadway trailer" and it will give you a sense if it's for your or not.

nelliesmellie

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 4:20 pm
Wicked is a fantastic show but it’s premise is not clean- in case that matters to you

singleagain

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 5:09 pm
nelliesmellie wrote:
Wicked is a fantastic show but it’s premise is not clean- in case that matters to you

What are you talking about the premise of that show is "what happened before Dorothy landed in oz?" There's nothing "not clean" about that... Now the direction the plot takes might offend some sensibilities. But that's a separate discussion
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries