Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Please help with maternity wardrobe

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 10:41 am
Not sure where all the personal shopper threads are but I need some help...

I'm just starting to pop my regular clothes so I don't want anything too high profile for now.

My taste is simple/casual but I need some things for work - not overly formal but needs to be nicer than t-shirts.

Pre-maternity size is small tops, med-large skirts, small-med dresses.

My legs are longish so skirts can't be too close to knee length or they're too short on me.

I have a narrow neck so a lot of things that look tznius on most people look too loose/low on me. So I need either higher/ narrower cuts, or v-necks with a good shell.

My budget is as low as possible. At my age I'm not likely to need this stuff again. I'm open to buying used if I know what to look for. If anyone on here has a collection they want to sell off cheapish, feel free to offer.

a2z

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:14 am
Try shein

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 11:29 am
Thank you but I need a lot more help than that! I know where to find stores but I have zero fashion sense and not great shopping skills so I need help assembling a collection of specific items that can take me through home, work, and Shabbos for the next few months.

Forgot to mention for Shabbos I don't go out much and like to be comfortable. Comfy maxi dress could be fine, and I can probably borrow one nice outfit in case I have some occasion to go to.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:12 pm
any links for in style maternity skirts that wont break the bank?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 1:15 pm
Can anyone recommend 3/4 sleeve T-shirt’s with good neckline (can’t handle shells) thanks!!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 4:18 pm
do you have your own washer and dryer? in what season are you due?

you need everyday clothes. shabbos clothes. delicates and tights. enough to last until you wash.

did you feet change sizes?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 4:35 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
do you have your own washer and dryer? in what season are you due?

you need everyday clothes. shabbos clothes. delicates and tights. enough to last until you wash.

did you feet change sizes?

Yes I have a washer and dryer.
Due in summer iyh. I love sweaters but don't want to invest in any because hopefully winter will be on the way out by the time I really pop.

Tights I'll just ask at my local store what's good. They're good like that.

Feet are doing ok.

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 6:08 am
Following... Some of these are really helpful for someone who lives out of town. Would also really like some more spring/summer tops. Thanks!

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 6:52 am
Anyone have any links they can add here?

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 8:24 am
https://thehushshop.com/collections/maternity

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 15 2023, 1:20 pm
Gap has a few things on sale really cheap. Sizes and selection are limited and I'm not sure about quality but I ordered a few tops under $10 and pajama pants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics