Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Selling an idea about a product

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 6:09 pm
might be in the wrong section but want to remain anon.

is there such a thing as selling an idea about a product I think would be a good seller and asking
commission not on the product but more like a brokers fee?

does such a thing exist?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 6:58 pm
Like listing things for others on Poshmark and ebay?

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:27 pm
No it’s easy to come up with ideas. It’s much harder to implement. Why don’t you create it yourself?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:28 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Like listing things for others on Poshmark and ebay?

no not that.

for eg if I know of a excellent silver polish somewhere out there that no one has heard of
and no one is currently selling. I know it will be a excellent seller for years but I dont want to sell it.
I want to sell the idea to a couple of stores and I want payment for bringing this product to them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:29 pm
amother Thistle wrote:
No it’s easy to come up with ideas. It’s much harder to implement. Why don’t you create it yourself?

its not an idea that needs developing. it is developed just not known. I want to make it known but for money.

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
no not that.

for eg if I know of a excellent silver polish somewhere out there that no one has heard of
and no one is currently selling. I know it will be a excellent seller for years but I dont want to sell it.
I want to sell the idea to a couple of stores and I want payment for bringing this product to them.

Why not a commission? (Is it even called that? I think there’s another term for it.)

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:34 pm
amother OP wrote:
its not an idea that needs developing. it is developed just not known. I want to make it known but for money.

I don’t understand. You want money for telling stores to bring in a certain product? That may or may not sell?

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:35 pm
I'm so curious what the worlds best kept secret is!!

Usually products that are so amazing get discovered without the need of a middleman/agent/broker.

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:46 pm
You can contact the manufacturer about being a sales rep and get commissions for bringing it to the stores. The stores wouldn’t pay you for giving them a tip about a good product but the creator of the product might.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 31 2023, 7:51 pm
amother Clear wrote:
You can contact the manufacturer about being a sales rep and get commissions for bringing it to the stores. The stores wouldn’t pay you for giving them a tip about a good product but the creator of the product might.

this is a very good idea. didnt think of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics