Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Water bottle that dooesnt get disgusting

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:02 am
Trying to save on disposable water bottles, but haven't found a real one that I like!

Want something around 16-20oz, with a screw-on cap. The last 2 I tried smelled within a few days. Any ideas.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:05 am
I gotta ask...were you washing the water bottles?

There's no magic making them impervious to the reasons cups should be cleaned regularly.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:10 am
Yes! I cleaned them really well in the sink and the dishwasher. Either they still smell, or worse, they kinda absorb the soap, and then the water tastes like dishsoap ugh

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:14 am
I have not had trouble with bottles I bought at Costco ( takeya and thermoflask) but also the caps are simple and easily cleaned.

I have a manna hot cup where the lid seems to get coffee with cream stick under the soft part so that I’ve used a hospital grade cleaner I came across and actively cleaning that spot.

Figured out this weekend that the manna hot cup has a removable plug so I can clean it separately. I was worried that if I couldn’t it would eventually smell. As long as it works, I can clean it.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sat, Feb 04 2023, 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:33 am
I use contigo and I’m happy. But you have to wash it and fully dry it every few days

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:35 am
I’m happy with the Simple Modern cup.

bk45

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:51 am
Iron flask from Amazon.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:58 am
I specifically want one that has a screw on top like a disposable water bottle, not a flip top straw thingy.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:53 pm
There's a really cool water bottle on Amazon that sterilizes itself. Supposedly you could take it to Africa, fill it with water from a river and sterilize it in the bottle and it's drinkable.
My husband got it for me as a gift because I'm ocd about my water bottles and wasn't drinking enough. I'm very happy with it for about 6 months now.
If you want me to look up exactly which one, let me know.

srbmom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:04 pm
This one is 25oz, but I've had this brand for my kids since the beginning of the school year and I've been very happy with them

https://www.amazon.com/Stainle.....ss_tl

mizle10

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:05 pm
It shouldn’t smell if you’re only putting water in it. Are you putting in any other drinks?

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:36 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
There's a really cool water bottle on Amazon that sterilizes itself. Supposedly you could take it to Africa, fill it with water from a river and sterilize it in the bottle and it's drinkable.
My husband got it for me as a gift because I'm ocd about my water bottles and wasn't drinking enough. I'm very happy with it for about 6 months now.
If you want me to look up exactly which one, let me know.

I'm intrigued, what's it called?

Generally I have not had any smell/ taste issues with pure glass or stainless steel bottles as long as they are washed regularly. I'm sensitive to smells/tastes and can't stand reusable plastic bottles.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:49 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm intrigued, what's it called?

Generally I have not had any smell/ taste issues with pure glass or stainless steel bottles as long as they are washed regularly. I'm sensitive to smells/tastes and can't stand reusable plastic bottles.

Not cheap...

https://www.amazon.com/UVBrite.....ss_tl

ima22

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:04 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Not cheap...

https://www.amazon.com/UVBrite.....ss_tl

There's a $33 coupon now

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:17 pm
Owala makes the BESTTTT. bottles.

I prefer the freesip but sounds like you would like the twist more.

Owala Twist Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle for Sports and Travel, BPA-Free, 24-Ounce, Neon Basil https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085.....ss_tl

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:22 pm
Try simple modern Tumbler on Amazon

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 6:59 pm
Use this for work/commute.
Pretty much just rinse and refill.
Big fan.
https://www.hydroflask.com/21-.....ndigo
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics