Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Flying with newborn twins advice

deli123

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:42 pm
Does any experienced twin mom have recommendations on the best way to navigate the airport with newborn twins?

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:48 pm
Sounds hard!

I flew alone with an infant (not newborn) and a 2 year old. I wore the infant in a carrier, and pushed the 2 year old in a stroller, and IMO that was easier than dealing with a double stroller.

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:59 pm
Are you flying yourself?

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:03 pm
Stay home? Sorry but that’s my advice

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:08 pm
Alone or with another adult? Either way both babies should be worn in a baby carrier (they make twin carriers but it’s definitely easier if you have one baby per adult) and bring a lot of clothing changes , for you and for the babies.

amother
Dill

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:10 pm
amother Caramel wrote:
Are you flying yourself?

I flew with newborn twins with my husband.

It's like flying with any two lap children, hard. I recommend an infant carrier or sling for each of you. I was not allowed to use it during takeoff/landing because not faa approved but once cruising could and that left mt arms free and also let me sleep.

Of course best if you can buy seats. Then you push your stroller to the gate and then carry the infant car seat to the seat....but pricey.

I brought pumped milk along for the flight and pumped right before and after we landed (very engorged w newborns).

Changes of clothes for babies AND PARENTS is a must.

Note, only one lap child allowed per row (because only one extra oxygen mask) so we booked 2 aisle seats.

Don't attempt this by yourself!

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:11 pm
Get seats for the babies, and keep them in the doona. It's expensive, but worth it.

There is a clip you can use to attach two doonas.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:13 pm
Can’t you get the bassinet seat with new borns? Then you don’t really need to buy a seat. Bc you have a place to put them down just not for takeoff and landing

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:17 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
Can’t you get the bassinet seat with new borns? Then you don’t really need to buy a seat. Bc you have a place to put them down just not for takeoff and landing

A bassinet is not guaranteed when booking.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:51 pm
Not twins, but we flew w/ baby & other kids & the Doona fits in the aisle and snaps on the seat
Doona I think is the best way to go
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more