Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Prism glasses in Brooklyn

seltzermom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 11:28 am
Have any of you gotten prism glasses in Brooklyn and are happy with the result?

I’m asking because my fourteen year old was diagnosed with a convergence issue and I prefer not to go to London to address this problem if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!!

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:43 pm
I had prism glasses prescribed by ODA in Brooklyn for one family member and Dr. Campolattaro for another family member. Had both prescriptions filled at Best Eye Buy in Boro Park.

Note that prism glasses are basically a crutch to make life easier while working on vision therapy to correct the problem. But the glasses alone did help a lot for starters (reduced headache/ strain, double vision)

seltzermom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:25 pm
Thanks seeker! Did you do vision therapy and did it help?
I’m also researching where to do it.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:28 pm
I don’t have the Dr name but I know someone who was able to see a Dr from Canada over zoom, it helped tremendously for her children

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:35 pm
seltzermom wrote:
Thanks seeker! Did you do vision therapy and did it help?
I’m also researching where to do it.

Oda gave us therapy exercises to do at home. Dd made good progress when she did the exercises but we weren't amazing about sticking to it. People who live closer get more frequent clinic visits that probably keep them on track better.

seltzermom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 7:34 pm
Thanks seeker. That’s helpful. I’m only beginning the process now. I’m realizing how much it affects her. I’m so curious though why so many people go to london to get prism glasses. I trust the doctor who gave the prescription but I’m wondering if I can trust any place to fill it.

vet techy

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 8:25 pm
I work for a doctor who specializes in prisms and am amazed how many go to London.
There are very competent doctors in the NY area that could do the same and if there is an issue with the RX it is much more affective if the doctor sees you in person rather than over Zoom.

If you would like to PM me with the store you are going to fill the RX with I could tell you our experience with them.

schoolbus

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 8:25 pm
Dr Rubin in monsey. He’s amazing! He was able to help me after trying loads of doctors..

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 9:00 pm
I got them prescribed by dr Thau/ Reinstein in Manhattan and had them made at optique elegance on Coney Island ave. Dr Thau checked them and said they did a great job. They helped a lot. Did therapy too. It helped but hard to say how much. Def try that before going to London.

seltzermom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 9:48 pm
Thanks!! I will try Optique elegance
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics