Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Frum Lighting store is lying
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 2:57 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Honestly it sounds like the frum store mixed it up with another model/ company.

I pointed to and was standing right under the specific chandelier in the store. Definitely no mix up.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:03 pm
So why don’t you just ask the manager to explain?

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I pointed to and was standing right under the specific chandelier in the store. Definitely no mix up.

Salespeople can make mistakes. Thye can misremember facts about one thing and accidentally apply them to another. If you don't want to shop there because the store and staff are unreliable, that's certainly valid. But you don't need to attribute motive. Someone can be mistaken and even negligent without an accusation of lying. If you investigate and that is hat happened, ok.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:06 pm
So many possibilities. I could be the sample they have is very old & the ones currently sold atr different.

Also I wouldn't necessarily trust info I received over the phone from a sales rep (from personal experience) they may not know everything the boss negotiated with the store.

amother
Buttercup

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 3:14 pm
Can you do us all a favor and call the store with the info you have? I need an update to this story. Sounds like a big mix up.

amother
Lightgray

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:19 pm
You've been writing about this gold chandelier for 2 years. If you'll finally get the color you want, why not go for it?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I looked at a chandelier in a very well known frum lighting store. I told salesman that I didnt like the shade of gold it comes in. Manager of store overheard and replied that theyre now making this chandelier in another shade of gold, and selling it at the same price.

I called the company directly to confirm, before placing an order. I spoke to a customer service rep who then confirmed with a higher up that this chandelier only comes in one shade of gold, the same color it always came in. They have zero plan of offering it in another shade of gold. Whoever told me otherwise is lying and will most likely paint the chandelier themselves and void the warranty on the chandelier.

Im not reporting anyone (company asked which store told me that, and I said Id rather not say).

Would you take a chance on a painted chandelier for over $1,000, with a voided warranty?

Maybe they're taking it in different color from another company?

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:32 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I'll bite. I do believe the story. I've had frum people try to sell me a bridge just to make a sale. I actually just finished with one. I ended up by a non Jewish vendor because I had enough.

You sound like you’re painting all frum with one brush.
Watch the LH please.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:33 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
Can you do us all a favor and call the store with the info you have? I need an update to this story. Sounds like a big mix up.

Exactly! And she she owed them the benefit of the doubt before coming here to assume the worst and badmouth them

NechaMom

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:35 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
You've been writing about this gold chandelier for 2 years. If you'll finally get the color you want, why not go for it?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....64526
Do you mean this?
How would you know it’s the same op?

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 4:48 pm
Op I'll just say what I've been saying ever since you started posting about this. This chandelier is a huge pain in the neck, shade of gold notwithstanding. Get something else.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 5:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

Seriously, you don’t think he could have gotten it wrong even though you “pointed to it”. He still could’ve thought the company said they were getting in another color and maybe they did say it or maybe they said it about a different model but he thought it was this one or or or… there are plenty of things that could’ve happened That we’re not nefarious….

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 5:13 pm
Just tell the store, you want to see it in the preferred gold before you commit to it. Why the whole sleuthing around and asking the manufacturer. ask the store what their return policy is. If you dont trust them, go elsewhere. why would they paint it? it would eat at their margins of the sale.

Java

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 5:22 pm
I'm curious why you would jump straight to them lying and being dishonest rather than it being an innocent mistake
Tbh that reflects more on you than on the store

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 6:41 pm
call to clarify from the store what they meant. if they say they are painting it, ask if they stand behind it instead of the manufacturers warranty. if they do, get a contract and go for it.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 9:27 pm
First be dan lekaf zchus. There could be so many misunderstandings. Call the store and explain what the manufacturer said. Then you can make a judgment call…

I had a similar situation years ago when I ordered something from a frum store to ship to another state. They said they would have the manufacturer do it directly and it should get there at the end of the week. Well 2 weeks later it still didn’t arrive. I called the store they said they would call the company another 2 days went by and I didn’t hear back. It was kind of time sensitive so I did what you did and called the company directly.

After about a minute of the conversation the rep said OH you ordered it from so and so store? Yea we told them we won’t ship it they have a ton of outstanding unpaid invoices 🙈

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:01 am
Am I misreading this? $1,000.00? or $10,000.00?
$1,000 is very little for a chandelier

snailmail

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:55 am
amother Daphne wrote:
Just tell the store, you want to see it in the preferred gold before you commit to it. Why the whole sleuthing around and asking the manufacturer. ask the store what their return policy is. If you dont trust them, go elsewhere. why would they paint it? it would eat at their margins of the sale.

Exactly.
I would think that either the floor model was a prototype that they have - slightly different to what the manufactured one is like, or it has discolored over time, or the floor model is a cheaper knock off.
Either way, get a real sample before you buy it from that store, or go somewhere else.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 12:12 pm
I am also not understanding all of the commotion. Don't buy the chandelier unless you see it in person.

Also I am assuming you mean the chandelier had a brass finish of some kind. There are so many bras chandeliers available in every gradation from "tarnished-vintage" to highly polished that you surely can find one that meets your needs without significant modification regarding the finish.

Honestly I can't imagine a store changing the color of a new chandelier. It is quite expensive to do it as I had vintage sconces and I wanted to change the finish from silver to copper. I had them re-plated and it was quite expensive to do properly. Everything has to be disassembled and then put together again.

I can't imagine any reputable store using "paint" to change the color of a metal because that would look so tacky.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:46 pm
amother Gold wrote:

I can't imagine any reputable store using "paint" to change the color of a metal because that would look so tacky.

I know this store painted this exact chandelier for someone else for the same reason as mine. It comes in an ugly gold color. They do it. Theyve told me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics