Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Looking for a girls sleep away camp
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:22 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
No, I don't consider non chassidish modern, that's absurd! My mom's entire family is non chassidish.
But, as a chassidish women, I know what camps are acceptable in mainstream chassidish circles and which camps are not. I know what type of chassidish girls go to machaneinu and that many schools don't allow it. And because you're not a chassidish women, you cannot understand this mentality.

If they don't allow it, it can't possibly be because it's modern (because it's not). It's likely because it's not Chassidish. I get that.

But you called it modern, modernish, etc....and that does bother me.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:24 pm
Chayalle wrote:
If they don't allow it, it can't possibly be because it's modern (because it's not). It's likely because it's not Chassidish. I get that.

But you called it modern, modernish, etc....and that does bother me.

No, the schools that don't allow it, don't allow because it attracts a certain type of chassidish. Many girls from my community used to go to Machaneinu, the schools stopped allowing it because those girls all lowered their standards.
Being that you're not chassidish, you cannot understand this mentality.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:29 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Bnos Derech Yisroel. It has a different name as well, it slipped my mind.
I think you should find out where the girls in her class are going and take it from there.
Are you comfortable sharing which school she is in?

Many girls aren't going and I would like to give her a different experience with new people. I wouldn't want to say what school because people might say that she won't fit in here or there, when I wouldn't want to hear that😉

We live in lakewood mainstream Boro Park type

real israeli

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Many girls aren't going and I would like to give her a different experience with new people. I wouldn't want to say what school because people might say that she won't fit in here or there, when I wouldn't want to hear that😉

We live in lakewood mainstream Boro Park type

If you live in Lakewood - you are either sending your daughter to Belz/Klausenberg school in which case there are associated camps.
Or she is in Bnos Binah/Bais Rochel in which case Machaneinu/Baiseinu is not too "modernish".

The term "modernish" turned people off but I understand what you are saying - they have lower standards than the ultra-chassidish Belz/Satmar. That doesn't make them modern. They're just not what you were looking for.

But if your daughter goes to Bnos Binah - most of their students don't speak Yiddish at home and I know many of their students in either Adas or Baiseinu. Bnos Binah isn't "Chassidish enough" for the more chassidish crowds.

If she is in a more chassidish place it's associated with a kehilla so why don't you send to their camp?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
How neutral? What type? More frum or more chilled?
Which school is she from & to what camps do her classmates go to?
TD
Chaya Sara
CPE
Adas
BDY
Klausenberg is also considered a neutral camp
Maybe Gila?

Adas is Bnos vien?

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:02 pm
Adas is Vien

Pupa camp also has some neutral chasidish girls

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:13 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
for both halves? Usually 2nd half stays open for while. Did you call? Can you be on waiting list?

Yes, I called the said that they are full I could try back in 2 weeks maybe they'll have openings for second half. They don't have a waiting list

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:17 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
Bnos Derech Yisroel. It has a different name as well, it slipped my mind.
I think you should find out where the girls in her class are going and take it from there.
Are you comfortable sharing which school she is in?

Whats bdy like?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:24 pm
Can't find anything online on BDY like a phone number or things like that

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
Whats bdy like?

It's very similar to Adas, but it's a new camp so it's still very very small.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:41 pm
amother OP wrote:

Maybe try contacting the school
845-354-1002

amother
DarkOrange

Post Wed, Feb 01 2023, 1:44 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Absolutely agree! Everyone who sends there is so frum! The girls are dressed very tznius with higher standards than any other yeshivishe camp, which is why some RW yeshivishe will only send there (think tights, nightgowns, no caps etc), are very refined girls from wonderful homes. The staff are super frum, mechanochos from the most heimishe schools. Speaking/Singing English doesn't make anyone modern.

No caps? I make my kids wear caps when they're out in the sun from a young age. It's protects them from the sun. I'm assuming sunscreen is allowed? Why wouldn't they allow a pain white cap or something like that?

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 12:57 am
amother OP wrote:

They're not opening this year. Neither is Palgei.
Baiseinu always fills up, but with other camps closing, I guess they filled up more quickly.
I'm humored that someone actually called baiseinu modern Lol. I'm Chassidish and send some of my girls there some years. My kids are in a great Chassidish school from a simple Chassidish home. My other girls have gone to Tomer Devora, Adas and Naaleh. Baiseinu has more Yeshivish girls, the other ones are stricly Chassidish, that's all. Frumkeit and Tznius they're all on the same level.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 2:39 am
I think bobov-45 has a camp. Forgot the name.

Chaya123

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:28 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I think bobov-45 has a camp. Forgot the name.

Naaleh

Chaya123

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:30 am
amother Sienna wrote:
They're not opening this year. Neither is Palgei.
Baiseinu always fills up, but with other camps closing, I guess they filled up more quickly.
I'm humored that someone actually called baiseinu modern Lol. I'm Chassidish and send some of my girls there some years. My kids are in a great Chassidish school from a simple Chassidish home. My other girls have gone to Tomer Devora, Adas and Naaleh. Baiseinu has more Yeshivish girls, the other ones are stricly Chassidish, that's all. Frumkeit and Tznius they're all on the same level.

I'm also humored and horrified that someone called Baiseinu modern. We are ultra frum and so are the girls who attend. But to be dlkz, I think what she meant is that for a very chassidish girl coming from a very chassidishe school/home, it can be considered a step down that where she's coming from. Ie. no beige tights, no collars, no yiddish. These things are so important in the very chassidishe world and are not issues that Baiseinu is makpid on, although they're makpid on so much else and in general, the whole atmosphere is so wholesome and frum. But I guess there's a diff between Satmar/Pupa frum and Bais Rochel Lakewood/Monsey/Bais Bracha frum. But I would still never call it modern! OMG!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:55 am
amother Dustypink wrote:
How neutral? What type? More frum or more chilled?
Which school is she from & to what camps do her classmates go to?
TD
Chaya Sara
CPE
Adas
BDY
Klausenberg is also considered a neutral camp
Maybe Gila?

Thanks everyone for their input I really appreciate it. Now I have a new problem, being that it's hard to get into camp I'm trying a few different ones and they are asking a big deposit or I have to wait and see if I'll even get an application

Camp Adas $500 non refundable
Pupa $250
CPE only voice mail and I have to hope that I'll get a application
Baiseinu I have to wait to know IF they'll send me an application for 2 weeks.

So how do people work with this any of these camp sound good for her but what chances should I take?

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 11:57 am
Palgei and BDY are not opening? Oy vey. How come? I thought Palgie was very successful.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps