Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Food Stamps from Covid to expire at the end of the month

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 1:06 pm
If you have any money left on the cards, use it.

The cards were refilled once or twice after the initial distribution.

Attached is directions for how to check how much money you have left on each child’s name and how to order replacement cards if you no longer have them.

You can order a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card by calling 1-888-328-6399. Please be prepared to provide security information, including the 19-digit card number that was printed on the front of the P-EBT Food Benefit card you are replacing.
If you do not have that number, you will be asked for the cardholder’s Social Security number; however, when ordering a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card (and only when ordering a P-EBT Food Benefit card), you must enter 999-99 and then the 2-digit month and 2-digit day (MM/DD) of the cardholder’s birthday.
For example, if your child’s date of birth is July 4, you would enter 999-99-0704 when asked for the child’s Social Security number.
You will then be asked to verify the cardholder’s 8-digit birthday (MM/DD/YYYY) and to enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) you selected for the P-EBT food benefit card that you are replacing. If you did not previously create a PIN, you will still be able to order a replacement card by following the prompts.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 1:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
If you have any money left on the cards, use it.

The cards were refilled once or twice after the initial distribution.

Attached is directions for how to check how much money you have left on each child’s name and how to order replacement cards if you no longer have them.

You can order a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card by calling 1-888-328-6399. Please be prepared to provide security information, including the 19-digit card number that was printed on the front of the P-EBT Food Benefit card you are replacing.
If you do not have that number, you will be asked for the cardholder’s Social Security number; however, when ordering a replacement P-EBT Food Benefit card (and only when ordering a P-EBT Food Benefit card), you must enter 999-99 and then the 2-digit month and 2-digit day (MM/DD) of the cardholder’s birthday.
For example, if your child’s date of birth is July 4, you would enter 999-99-0704 when asked for the child’s Social Security number.
You will then be asked to verify the cardholder’s 8-digit birthday (MM/DD/YYYY) and to enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) you selected for the P-EBT food benefit card that you are replacing. If you did not previously create a PIN, you will still be able to order a replacement card by following the prompts.

Are they just not renewing it and giving extra money, or they're actually taking back what they already gave?

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 1:50 pm
EBT funds expire after 1 year (whether SNAP or P-EBT). So if you got funds last year this time and didn't use it, you should. Also, they refilled at random times and no communication/notice was given, so check your cards. Personally, I got a PEBT refill this past November.

P-EBT is school related, not income related.

Separately, SNAP is giving extra each month, and that is also set to stop, if it hasn't already. EAch state is different.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 2:58 pm
How weird is it that I just got cards for my kids, last week? Does that mean I still have a year to use it?

Also, any idea if it can be used out of NY?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:09 am
https://www.boropark24.com/new.....month

I seemed to mix this up

The additional money that food stamps has been adding monthly will stop

The pandemic-ebt is money that was given for school children. There can be up to $900 on those cards. The website claims it expires 274 days after issuing. Though mine still work. Regardless use them

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:13 am
I never received a card but have regular EBT. Would it be on the ebt card?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:15 am
amother Lightcyan wrote:
I never received a card but have regular EBT. Would it be on the ebt card?

I think if you already get EBT for the relevant children, the pEBT is on those cards.

Separate cards were sent out in ~2020 for those who only get pEBT but not standard EBT.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:18 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I think if you already get EBT for the relevant children, the pEBT is on those cards.

Separate cards were sent out in ~2020 for those who only get pEBT but not standard EBT.

Thanks. It would be cash money or food money this pebbt?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 10:02 am
P-ebt is mostly food. There may be some cash involved

amother
Bergamot

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 10:05 am
What does cash money mean? My kids get because of school not income.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 12:55 pm
At the cashier they let you get a certain amount of cash off the food stamps allotment

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:13 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
Thanks. It would be cash money or food money this pebbt?

It's food benefit.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:10 pm
P-EBT is for food.
It's continuing in the summer for school lunch compensation even though COVID ended.
You don't need to use it in that time frame completely as far as I know, just that you have to keep your account active and make a transaction within 9 months or so (depends on the state).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics