Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
HCBS services Brooklyn
1  2  3  Next

newinbp

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 4:04 pm
Hi,
Can we all share services we are aware of so we can all benefit iyh in the HCBS program? (Please start a spinoff to learn more about the program, etc)
I'll start.
I was using a service that provides light cleaning and light childcare and looking for another such service. My current one hasn't been sending me anyone. If anyone knows of one that would be awesome!
Greenlight has after school programs.
Please share what you have found helpful. Thanks!

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 4:22 pm
Sorry if it’s off topic, is this in Brooklyn only ?
And for whom ?

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 4:27 pm
Empowered Mommy coaching via phone/zoom.
Skills on Time Management, Home Organization, Decluttering, dealing with challenging children and picky eaters, meal planning and laundry tips.
She's like a therapist. Has tons of experience in many areas. 845 533 2404

Last edited by amother on Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:56 pm
Organizer is great! Tutoring.Babysitting. CATS (u can pay someone 70 per hour if they have ba) even a ba from kollel is sufficient. Cats is comhab but for s.o with ba

newinbp

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 7:01 pm
Who did you get for babysitting? I could def use that. Feel free to pm for the organizer number I had, she was good but I'm not doing it anymore.

amother
Thistle

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 7:04 pm
amother Moonstone wrote:
Organizer is great! Tutoring.Babysitting. CATS (u can pay someone 70 per hour if they have ba) even a ba from kollel is sufficient. Cats is comhab but for s.o with ba

Which agency is paying $70??

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 7:24 pm
I work for comfort health its not more than 45 for cats

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 12:29 pm
Are people happy with their agency? I was wondering if anyone uses yedei chesed and how the services are there with HCBS, or comfort health/hamaspik? Like do they find good quality providers, do they work with a lot of Brooklyn services? I have yeled and was thinking of switching. Thanks good shabbos!

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:05 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Are people happy with their agency? I was wondering if anyone uses yedei chesed and how the services are there with HCBS, or comfort health/hamaspik? Like do they find good quality providers, do they work with a lot of Brooklyn services? I have yeled and was thinking of switching. Thanks good shabbos!

None of the agencies 'provide' providers, they won't help in finding workers for you

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:07 pm
Of course we find workers! But if mom has worker in mind they can also sign up to work please note, insurance cracking down and not approving full hours anymore

newinbp

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:12 pm
Reconfigure fitness classes takes but not sure if they are anymore.
Combat fitness also takes.
Does advenium?
Anyone else? Would really like if we can share resources ladies thanks have a great shabbos!

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:00 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Of course we find workers! But if mom has worker in mind they can also sign up to work please note, insurance cracking down and not approving full hours anymore

I have HCBS for several of my kids who are struggling in different ways. Being that I truly need lots of help, I divided between afew agencies, so that I can get resources from them. Unfortunately none have been helpful in finding much needed hands in help.

Which agency and comminuty are you affiliated with, claiming that you do provide resources for actual help?

amother
Sage

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:05 pm
Please note that HCBS services were just stopped for 20 agencies with 5 frum men going to jail for stealing millions.

The services are legaly supposed to provide short term services to help families with severe issues get through hard times.

If you abuse the system you are stealing from Jewish people who pay taxes.

Companies are being audited and families are being called If you say you are getting a cleaning lady or tutor you can be in real legal trouble.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Sage wrote:
Please note that HCBS services were just stopped for 20 agencies with 5 frum men going to jail for stealing millions.

The services are legaly supposed to provide short term services to help families with severe issues get through hard times.

Companies are being audited and families are being called If you say you are getting a cleaning lady or tutor you can be in real legal trouble.

I don't understand. People can really use help in the household and with the parents and other children when there are kids with challenging behaviors. I don't believe on the user end (the families) there's any monkey business going on. If a mother gets a fitness class so she can go back into being on over drive for a kid who needs her 110% and the govt values that and pays for it what's the issue here? Or a tutor that helps teach the kid skills they can't pick up with the rest of the class? This isn't a regular cleaning lady. It's a helper for a child who acts in difficult ways and the lady helps pick up along with the mother so the house can function benefitting everyone...

Good shabbos

amother
DarkCyan

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:54 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
I don't understand. People can really use help in the household and with the parents and other children when there are kids with challenging behaviors. I don't believe on the user end (the families) there's any monkey business going on. If a mother gets a fitness class so she can go back into being on over drive for a kid who needs her 110% and the govt values that and pays for it what's the issue here? Or a tutor that helps teach the kid skills they can't pick up with the rest of the class? This isn't a regular cleaning lady. It's a helper for a child who acts in difficult ways and the lady helps pick up along with the mother so the house can function benefitting everyone...

Good shabbos

Yeah well, according to the NYT, Jews should pay their taxes and not get any services since they send their kids to private schools. But the taxes that Jews pay should go to illegal aliens instead (the NYT clearly has no problem that they are getting billions of tax dollars worth of services when they never paid taxes in the first place). And we are seeing that happening right in front of our eyes. Perhaps Jews should stop paying taxes and then not take any services funded by our taxes so that the NYT will be satisfied. Let them pay for all the services that illegal aliens are getting (including expensive hotel rooms, food, food stamps on top of food, medical care, school and other special ed services for their kids, esl classes, etc.) without our taxes and leave us alone.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 3:34 pm
The agencies all closed intake so whoever is still using services is lucky. There is a lot of antisemitism going on everyone should be aware. I work high up in one of these and it's really really not ok to the point that people might be sued for harrasment

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 3:38 pm
amother Sage wrote:

Which agencies?

newinbp

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 1:08 am
amother Sage wrote:

Where did you hear this/source? Thanks

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 1:51 am
Some agencies are closing down.
Some agencies put new enrollments on hold.
Can anybody explain what this has to do with the 5 people arrested? Weren’t they providing education services? Not hcbs.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 2:13 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
Some agencies are closing down.
Some agencies put new enrollments on hold.
Can anybody explain what this has to do with the 5 people arrested? Weren’t they providing education services? Not hcbs.

I have no idea whether hcbs programs are being stopped. But to answer your question, based on the article someone posted on another thread, there were a bunch of agencies with which the multiple people arrested were involved. Funding to any of those agencies might be affected. It wasn't even clear to me that the funding was stopping immediately or if those agencies would be looked into more.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)