Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler hitting

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:05 pm
My fourteen month old hits my face and says no when she’s cranky or bored. I’m not sure she even knows she’s hitting. It seems like the same thing she does when she’s patting affectionally but much harder. Anyway, how do I get her to stop?
She also grabs fistfuls of hair(I don’t cover at home in my pajamas !) yanks and says no . That really hurts. I’m not sure saying no would help. She’s already telling herself no! What do I do?

mushkamothers

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:44 pm
You physically block her hand. Say the same one sentence over and over calmly. Like "ouch. I won't let you do that". Physically get up and out of her reach or move her. And then give her something to do.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:46 pm
Block her hand

Say "No!" Sternly

Then walk away, remove attention.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 5:59 pm
Quickly set her down, odd ur lap, then no
Or no speaking just put her down and then carry her to her bed, this behavior is unacceptable and she knows it, she is 2.

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Bisque wrote:
Or no speaking just put her down and then carry her to her bed, this behavior is unacceptable and she knows it, she is 2.

14 months is just over a year and at that age, she most likely does not understand that her behavior is unacceptable. But she does need to be taught. Telling her no and disengaging for a few minutes is a very appropriate response.

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Feb 02 2023, 6:03 pm
amother Bisque wrote:

14 months is just over a year and at that age, she most likely does not understand that her behavior is unacceptable. But she does need to be taught. Telling her no and disengaging for a few minutes is a very appropriate response.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics