Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Car Seat for Dummies

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:13 am
First time mom here. I've been waiting for years for this moment.
What should I look for in a car seat? All I know is that I want a comfortable infant car seat. Not the Doona. I want the car seat to be in a very reclining position for my tiny little prince. Is there such a think as a car seat that is well reclined? Which other features should I look for in a car seat? I'm clueless.

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:35 am
Most car seats have a similar angle. I love my Chicco key fit 30. Get an extra base for each car. So easy to carry the car seat with you, snap into a stroller...
You want to make sure it fits with your car- if you need to fit others next to the car seat you might want one that is narrower etc.
If your baby is expected to be heavier/lighter there are different seats that are of the same style. Graco makes one too. Some have premie inserts, some have an infant insert for the baby.

You will switch from an infant bucket seat to a 3 in one convertible at 12-18 months usually because they should rear face until at least 2 (for safety reasons the longer the better but many states now have it as a law).

amother
NeonGreen

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:17 am
I love my Clek Liing. It was one of the highest rated car seats. It feels durable, much less flimsy than other popular car seats I've tested.

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:52 am
All legal 5 pt harness car seats rated for infants in the us are equally "safe"....considerations are compatibility with your stroller and weight if you will be shlepping it around....and then price. FYI many individual models have varying pricing merely based on the upholstery, nothing else...ie. more available or "last year's" colors may be cheaper
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics