Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Bought roborock 7 confusing directions, how to set up?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 11:10 am
Can someone give me step by step directions of how to work this. Also, if there's a stair case without a door, will it fall down? How do I prevent that? And some areas of the house have a tiny step up or down will it be able to navigate that either up or down?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 5:00 pm
bump

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 5:09 pm
Google there should be step by step tutorials. It will not fall down stairs it knows how to see it. I do have a door but it's always left open never had it fall down. It cannot go up and down a step, you will need to physically place it on the different levels at different times if you want all of them done.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 10:54 pm
I watched a few youtube videos. When you're mapping the area before you start, if there's a small step, all I do is lift it up even if it's in middle of going around and put in the room and it will continue? Will it recognize that it's the same floor? Also how do I make a no go zone before mapping- is there a way to do that. so that it doesn't go near the wires on the floor near the computer?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 10:58 pm
amother OP wrote:
I watched a few youtube videos. When you're mapping the area before you start, if there's a small step, all I do is lift it up even if it's in middle of going around and put in the room and it will continue? Will it recognize that it's the same floor? Also how do I make a no go zone before mapping- is there a way to do that. so that it doesn't go near the wires on the floor near the computer?

No you need to map each level separately as different zones. When you are ready to map down one step you’ll carry it there. When it’s done you’ll have to take it back up. You have to physical block no go zones before mapping. Personally I would remove the wires, map it and then enter that area as a no go zone.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:06 pm
How do I add different zones? I did one area, then when I wanted to do another area it went over the current map and it was confused, because the room was smaller and it kept going over and over the same area. Also what is the D shaped transparent hard plastic board for? Why do they not state in the instructions what all the parts are used for? I bought their cleaning solution, do I put it in that little container and dilute with water or it's already diluted?

benny

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:45 pm
You need to create another map. There's an option to add map then you can select which map it should clean. It won't fall down a staircase. It knows not to go down. A tiny step like 3 inch is annoying because it can't get up there on its own but it does come down. So you have to put it back up. I personally have an area like that and I created a wall on the map so it doesn't come down from there on its own.

The plastic piece is part of the base. The vacuum rests on there when charging.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:16 pm
benny wrote:
You need to create another map. There's an option to add map then you can select which map it should clean. It won't fall down a staircase. It knows not to go down. A tiny step like 3 inch is annoying because it can't get up there on its own but it does come down. So you have to put it back up. I personally have an area like that and I created a wall on the map so it doesn't come down from there on its own.

The plastic piece is part of the base. The vacuum rests on there when charging.
oops so I didn't attach that plastic piece, so I just put it on the charging base? Oh I do have 2 inch step, so I have to remember not to let it go past that area.

Also, I did a quick map before cleaning, but on the map it's hard to tell where everything is. I put a no go zone but it turns out I put it short of where I wanted it. So how do I know exactly where everything on the room is on the map? It's not so clear.

benny

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:20 pm
How many times did you have it run on the map so far? I find it gets clearer and clearer every time it cleans. It keeps updating the map and knows what furniture is where.. the no-go Zone can be tricky you have to keep tweaking it. We had the robot run in the area a few times until we got the no go Zone at just the right spot that it did not fall off.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:26 pm
benny wrote:
How many times did you have it run on the map so far? I find it gets clearer and clearer every time it cleans. It keeps updating the map and knows what furniture is where.. the no-go Zone can be tricky you have to keep tweaking it. We had the robot run in the area a few times until we got the no go Zone at just the right spot that it did not fall off.
I only ran it twice. so with time it should work?

Have you used the mop function? do you use their solution? If I'm using it on wood floors sometimes can I put in bona or only their solution? and do I dilute their solution?

benny

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:34 pm
I found the map became more perfect each time at the beginning. I use the mop daily. I use it with just water so I can't answer regarding the solution. They say not to use any other solution.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 10:26 pm
benny wrote:
I found the map became more perfect each time at the beginning. I use the mop daily. I use it with just water so I can't answer regarding the solution. They say not to use any other solution.
thank you for answering all my questions

benny

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 10:44 pm
Pleasure! Enjoy it! It saves my life.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 8:53 am
How do I add a different toom? I don't see anywhere on the app.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:18 am
How do I use the mop function? I brought the cleaner from the company, where do I put it?

Also, it looks like you can't map different areas on the same floor, any way around this?

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 9:27 am
What do you mean you can’t map different areas of the same floor? Just let it run to map the whole floor, then edit the map to divide it into rooms.

You need to go somewhere with access to YouTube so you can look at the tutorials.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 11:37 am
amother Crocus wrote:
What do you mean you can’t map different areas of the same floor? Just let it run to map the whole floor, then edit the map to divide it into rooms.

You need to go somewhere with access to YouTube so you can look at the tutorials.
There's a small step on the same floor in a few areas so it won't be able to go by itself. Also how do you edit the map to divide it into rooms? I couldn't figure this out even for those rooms on the same level without the step.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics