Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Pls recommend a parenting mentor

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 9:45 am
First time parent of a struggling teen daughter here. I need a skilled mentor to help me guide DD through this new stage. Recommendations would be so appreciated!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 10:37 am
amother OP wrote:
First time parent of a struggling teen daughter here. I need a skilled mentor to help me guide DD through this new stage. Recommendations would be so appreciated!

Can you be more specific?

There are organizations that help with teens at risk

There are parenting coaches that help you parent better and get better at creating limits and boundaries and love

There are therapist that can help DD be able to regulate better.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 10:48 am
Not "at risk" bH, just regular teenage stuff - pushing boundaries, peer pressure, etc.

I'm looking for a mentor who can guide me on appropriate limit-setting, navigating ruchniyus challenges and helping build up her inner strength, etc.

I was going to make a separate thread to ask for recommendations for a therapist for her for self esteem/anxiety issues, but if anyone reading this has recommendations for that, please share!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 3:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Not "at risk" bH, just regular teenage stuff - pushing boundaries, peer pressure, etc.

I'm looking for a mentor who can guide me on appropriate limit-setting, navigating ruchniyus challenges and helping build up her inner strength, etc.

I was going to make a separate thread to ask for recommendations for a therapist for her for self esteem/anxiety issues, but if anyone reading this has recommendations for that, please share!

There are ppl who give courses in parenting. Have you taken any and liked them? Maybe you can reach out to them?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children