Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Osem stars. How to cook?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:42 pm
Anyone know what I am talking about? They say toasted pasta. I once had them and it was very tasty. Don't remember where and who cooked them.

The package directions just said to cook with water. That sounds bland unless the flavor is in the item itself.

Anyone know?

amother
Mintcream

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:43 pm
I cook with salt and water in the water and drop of oil. It’s just little pasta

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 2:45 pm
I sauté an onion, then toast the stars. Then I add water, some chicken consume, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and sliced hot dogs. Cook on low simmer uncovered until done, add water as needed. Omg its so gross but so good!!! Like gross in the best possible way. I can’t explain it but go eat it.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 1:31 pm
We just fry a little onion first, then add the stars in for a minute or two in with the oil and onion, then add the water per package directions (and a bit of salt) and cook according to directions. One of my dd's favorite things.

s1

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 3:02 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
We just fry a little onion first, then add the stars in for a minute or two in with the oil and onion, then add the water per package directions (and a bit of salt) and cook according to directions. One of my dd's favorite things.

This. My kids like it when I add ketchup

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 7:57 pm
I like to add some onion soup mix to the water but you can also just add salt.

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:02 pm
I think it's similar to their couscous toast with some oil and spices and then add water until cooked thru.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:09 pm
Thanks everyone!

Ruchi

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:24 pm
Same way as farfel. Sauté onion in oil, then add farfel let toast for a few minutes and then add spices, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika powder, garlic powder and some onion soup mix. Mix well and leave another few mins. Then add water, bring to the boil and let simmer until done. Delicious!!!

amother
Brown

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:28 pm
Or you can add to soup
Kids like this

tweety1

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 3:21 pm
watergirl wrote:
I sauté an onion, then toast the stars. Then I add water, some chicken consume, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and sliced hot dogs. Cook on low simmer uncovered until done, add water as needed. Omg its so gross but so good!!! Like gross in the best possible way. I can’t explain it but go eat it.

Made it today. It's insanely delicious!! Bought the stars special to try it. Don't ask me how much I already ate Can't Believe It

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 3:27 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Made it today. It's insanely delicious!! Bought the stars special to try it. Don't ask me how much I already ate Can't Believe It

Right?! It’s one of those dishes that I leave on the stove and keep going back for more.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 4:33 pm
Watergirl would you have approx quantities?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 5:03 pm
watergirl wrote:

Yum, sounds like Filipino sweet tomato spaghetti with hot dogs. You've got me in the mood for some fun food for SuperBowl!

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 5:26 pm
amother Wine wrote:
Watergirl would you have approx quantities?

No, I’m sorry!! But I have some simmering now Smile

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 6:42 pm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics