Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o Moose Knuckles clothing- Obscene?
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

amother
Brass

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 7:16 pm
amother Apricot wrote:
I really think that 95% of Mishpacha aren't exposed to vulgar slang language. I never heard one of these vulgar words before reading them here. And I wouldn't call myself sheltered. Just wondering how the women on this site are so "educated".

Thats not fair. What exactly are you trying to say about us woman who do know what these words mean?

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 7:25 pm
This reminds me of the time Mishpacha published a small piece supposedly written by an older single guy (I'm pretty sure it was written by a staff member, not an actual single guy) which used the term "putting another notch in my bedpost" when talking his dating life.
I know that's not exactly modern slang but you'd think they'd know not to use that term to describe shidduch dating esp from the pov of a man.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:09 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
"The name comes from a combination of two of Canada's greatest things: a moose and a hockey fight. The logo is a moose footprint in the snow with the hooves representing brass knuckles," says Ally Kemper, the company's marketing director.

Just had to post this, so I can continue to wear my moose knuckles without regret:)

There's no way a company of this scale used the name without intentionally having all meanings in mind.

Companies spend big money deciding on their brand name which includes researching all meaning and connotations associated with the name.

Maybe it makes your conscience for better but you're deluding yourself if you believe they're innocent.

amother
IndianRed

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:11 pm
Op why are you asking if it is ok for other people to do something? You are only in charge of yourself. You do you.

amother
Cognac

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:31 pm
I'm rolling I didn't know any of this Can't Believe It I must be living under a rock..

My question is do the Ali ones have the same aveirah LOL

amother
Mintcream

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:33 pm
amother Brass wrote:
Thats not fair. What exactly are you trying to say about us woman who do know what these words mean?

I have the same question! Not implying anything, I just really wonder (for real) how everyone got this education.

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:43 pm
Someone wrote a letter to the Monsey Mevaser about the Moose knuckles this week. Wondering what the responses will be from the masses.

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:54 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:
I have the same question! Not implying anything, I just really wonder (for real) how everyone got this education.

1. Plenty of BTs who grew up outside the frum world
2. Pple who grew up in areas where they did not live solely among frum neighbors
2. readers who don't only stick to Jewish books or newspapers
3. Pple who interact regularly within the secular world whether through jobs, schooling, or businesses that don't only service frum customers
4. Pple who are less insular and are ok with secular media to various degrees

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 9:01 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/shorts/jIeQ-cdDBWw[/youtube]
You can’t embed YouTube shorts. I hope they fix it soon.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 9:32 pm
Can someone please post a pic of the Mishpacha Table of Contents and/or article with the drapes and carpet quote?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 10:45 pm
amother Buttercup wrote:
Can someone please post a pic of the Mishpacha Table of Contents and/or article with the drapes and carpet quote?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 10:48 pm
amother Mintcream wrote:

I don't watch TV and I'm not on social media, but I read a lot. Eventually you pick stuff up... I didn't know about moose knuckles though, and neither did my husband (he grew up a looot less sheltered than me)

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 10:49 pm
amother Crystal wrote:
This reminds me of the time Mishpacha published a small piece supposedly written by an older single guy (I'm pretty sure it was written by a staff member, not an actual single guy) which used the term "putting another notch in my bedpost" when talking his dating life.
I know that's not exactly modern slang but you'd think they'd know not to use that term to describe shidduch dating esp from the pov of a man.

Oh wow, yeah - same thing. Totally not appropriate lol

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 10:51 pm
Thanks for the picture
Can't it be taken at face value?

What did readers write in about moose nuckles?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 10:56 pm
amother Amaryllis wrote:
Thanks for the picture
Can't it be taken at face value?

What did readers write in about moose nuckles?

I looked it up because I was thinking maybe it's just me and my dirty brain, but I found not a single instance of it being used literally. It is a very clear and well-known vulgar phrase.

hodeez

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:01 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:

Whhhaaaaatttt

amother
NeonOrange

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:20 pm
If anyone reading this thread does work for Mishpacha, I just feel compelled to say that I recently switched over to Mishpacha from a different magazine and I love it!
We're picking at the little things on here, but it's a great magazine. Every single week I find articles I rip out to save.
Just maybe get a less sheltered proofreader 😂

amother
Crystal

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:28 pm
amother NeonOrange wrote:
If anyone reading this thread does work for Mishpacha, I just feel compelled to say that I recently switched over to Mishpacha from a different magazine and I love it!
We're picking at the little things on here, but it's a great magazine. Every single week I find articles I rip out to save.
Just maybe get a less sheltered proofreader 😂

I vaguely recall the editor once writing a column about how she does have a couple more "exposed" staff members who look stuff over for this sort of thing but sometimes things slip through. (I'm wondering though if maybe these staff people are a bit older and not so up to date on the latest slang.)

amother
Moonstone

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:54 pm
One we're on this very fascinating subject, does anyone else find the term "freaking" on the edge of vulgarity?

I know freaking out means going nuts (right?) but then you hear people saying "it was a freaking nightmare" and I'm pretty sure being used as a substitute for a far more vulgar word.

I just don't think it belongs in a refined person's vocabulary.

essie14

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 12:12 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I vaguely recall the editor once writing a column about how she does have a couple more "exposed" staff members who look stuff over for this sort of thing but sometimes things slip through. (I'm wondering though if maybe these staff people are a bit older and not so up to date on the latest slang.)

"The latest slang"???
Notch in the bed post and carpet matching the drapes are not "latest slang"
They're decades old.
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics