Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Hashem pays it back Spin Off/Cost of Matza

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 03 2023, 1:15 pm
This is in response to spending for Shabbos
What will happen with grocery cost with Pesach
Specifically matza
Or is part of Hashem pays it back just closing our eyes and not think about the cost

B”H - we can afford it, but I don’t splurge on things
Matzah is not a splurge it’s a necessity

If you have an idea how much shmurah matza will be this yr please post
Is it going to be $60/lb

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 3:51 pm
I posted ErevShabbos so maybe no one saw this
BUMP

amother
Dandelion

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 4:53 pm
Depending on which circles you are in you may have to ask a rav but a few years ago I stopped buying matzah made in the US and only eat hand machine by the sedorim because the cost of US made hand matzah is just too much.

For the sedorim I look for hand matzah with an Israeli Hechser that I trust. We eat Guelah machine matza (Edah Hachreidus hechser) the rest of Pesach.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:34 pm
I checked on a wholesale matzah site. I don’t think prices will be anywhere near that. Probably $20/lb. and fewer sales at $15/lb.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
Depending on which circles you are in you may have to ask a rav but a few years ago I stopped buying matzah made in the US and only eat hand machine by the sedorim because the cost of US made hand matzah is just too much.

For the sedorim I look for hand matzah with an Israeli Hechser that I trust. We eat Guelah machine matza (Edah Hachreidus hechser) the rest of Pesach.

We only eat Hand Made Matzah
Again- We can afford it
But is emunah not to think twice about it, just pay with our eyes closed, like we usually do

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:43 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:
I checked on a wholesale matzah site. I don’t think prices will be anywhere near that. Probably $20/lb. and fewer sales at $15/lb.

I live OOT
Last year we paid $35/lb

Ruchi

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
We only eat Hand Made Matzah
Again- We can afford it
But is emunah not to think twice about it, just pay with our eyes closed, like we usually do

Yes! Because Hashem repays all Shabbos and Yom Tov. הוצאות.
אמר רבי יוחנן משום רבי אליעזר ברבי שמעון: אמר להם הקדוש ברוך הוא לישראל: בני, לוו עלי וקדשו קדושת היום, והאמינו בי ואני פורע… כל מזונותיו של אדם קצובים לו מראש השנה ועד יום הכפורים, חוץ מהוצאת שבתות והוצאת יום טוב, והוצאת בניו לתלמוד תורה. שאם פחת – פוחתין לו, ואם הוסיף – מוסיפין לו.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:55 pm
amother Aubergine wrote:

What's a wholesale matzah site?

amother
Bluebell

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 5:58 pm
Yes, Hashem takes care of your matzah expense.
Bh you can afford it.
The Parnassah we have is exactly for this.

watergirl

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 6:06 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:

So much this. Ask your rav if you cant afford it. Also there are many options if you are lucky enough to live in a bigger city, so if you can, buy a lower end shmura matza.

We asked our rav who knows our financial situation and he said to buy machine shmura for the last 6 days and the cheapest hand shmura for the first 2 days.

amother
Quince

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:00 pm
I was told by a close relative working in satmar matza bakery that the price this year will be 45 per pound

Ruchi

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I was told by a close relative working in satmar matza bakery that the price this year will be 45 per pound

Which Satmar?

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:16 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Yes! Because Hashem repays all Shabbos and Yom Tov. הוצאות.
אמר רבי יוחנן משום רבי אליעזר ברבי שמעון: אמר להם הקדוש ברוך הוא לישראל: בני, לוו עלי וקדשו קדושת היום, והאמינו בי ואני פורע… כל מזונותיו של אדם קצובים לו מראש השנה ועד יום הכפורים, חוץ מהוצאת שבתות והוצאת יום טוב, והוצאת בניו לתלמוד תורה. שאם פחת – פוחתין לו, ואם הוסיף – מוסיפין לו.

Thank you for quoting. Realize that it also says V'Hotzoas Bonov Ltalmud Torah. Maybe we should make a spinoff for all the people going on birth control because tuition is too expensive.

So sad.

gr82no

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 8:18 pm
amother Ivory wrote:
Thank you for quoting. Realize that it also says V'Hotzoas Bonov Ltalmud Torah. Maybe we should make a spinoff for all the people going on birth control because tuition is too expensive.

So sad.

I heard that it’s only for the sons tuition not daughters
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note