Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Do your kids have the character traits
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:00 pm
Of the people the are names for?

Mine really, really do.

My oldest was named after a wonderful woman who happened to have been a hoarder. Though a very resourceful hoarder. She never threw anything out but repurposed everything. My daughter is the exact same way with her things.
My second was named after a wonderful woman, though very stubborn. She needed to be, her stubbornness helped her get through her life. When everyone else said she couldn’t, she did.
My daughter is the most stubborn thing I know. She’s little but has already been through more than most in her life. She has that fighter streak!
Interestingly enough, my husband is named after a very distant relative who happened to have been a photographer. My husband is….a photographer.

I find it so fascinating.

WhatFor

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:01 pm
Do your kids know that the people they were named after had these traits?

amother
Leaf

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:04 pm
WhatFor wrote:

Sounds like OP's kids are too young for that.

bernadette

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:08 pm
Totally not.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:11 pm
WhatFor wrote:

Nope, not at all.

amother
Marigold

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:36 pm
My kids do!

But

Every Aryeh I've known has been gentle...

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:36 pm
I'm 1 of 6 and we all take after who we're named after Smile

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sat, Feb 04 2023, 11:40 pm
amother Marigold wrote:

There is something to the name too

Dovids are often emotional
Moshes are leaders
Chavas are strong
Dinas have beauty

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 12:14 am
amother Cadetblue wrote:
There is something to the name too

Dovids are often emotional
Moshes are leaders
Chavas are strong
Dinas have beauty

rochels?
leahs?
sorohs?

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 12:17 am
amother Firebrick wrote:
rochels?
leahs?
sorohs?

Are all Sarah's tznuah?
Are all Rochel's mevater?
Are all Leah's always crying?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 12:19 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Are all Sarah's tznuah?

the leah I know is always crying Smile

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 1:11 am
When my son was a year old, the tipat chalav (baby clinic) nurse gave him some blocks to play with in order see if he can build a tower. When he was finished, he collected all the blocks and put them back into the basket. She told me it's the first time she ever saw such a thing.
He is neat and loves cleanliness and routine.
I recently realized- when he was 2 1/2- That he is named after a person who was a real 'yekke', straight out of Germany- and that explains so much!

amother
Seablue

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 1:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Of the people the are names for?

Mine really, really do.

My oldest was named after a wonderful woman who happened to have been a hoarder. Though a very resourceful hoarder. She never threw anything out but repurposed everything. My daughter is the exact same way with her things.
My second was named after a wonderful woman, though very stubborn. She needed to be, her stubbornness helped her get through her life. When everyone else said she couldn’t, she did.
My daughter is the most stubborn thing I know. She’s little but has already been through more than most in her life. She has that fighter streak!
Interestingly enough, my husband is named after a very distant relative who happened to have been a photographer. My husband is….a photographer.

I find it so fascinating.

Named my daughter after my grandma who was a nurse and a midwife.
My daughter: pulls her own teeth; takes care of babies and toddlers. Not afraid of seeing blood.
She has always been like that and she is 12 now.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:08 am
amother Marigold wrote:
My kids do!

But

Haha not mine!!! He roars constantly!!! I joke all the time, like what did we expect, his name isn’t Yona

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:15 am
amother Leaf wrote:
Are all Sarah's tznuah?

It’s funny. One of my kids is named after Rochel Imeinu. Specifically Rochel Imeinu and not any other Rochel. She’s is so so giving and has a heart of gold. I hear from her teachers that she’s the first to comfort any kid who is upset of crying.

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:17 am
My oldest has a lot of character traits of the grandmother she was named for. My second has the exact same traits but was named for someone else I don’t know... (husbands side)

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:29 am
I used to see it - all the kids named after one grandfather in many branches have a lot of strength of character.
Then came a certain grandson, who not only looks nothing like his namesake but has a very very different personality. But he's only 5. Stay tuned.

amother
Sand

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:33 am
Nah. I think kids are so multifaceted and grow and develop so much. We just see what we want to see because we're looking for it.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:40 am
My dovid is very musical. Doesn't come from me though my husband does have a good natural ear and an okay voice. This kid as a baby would sit and listen intensely to real music - at age 3 he dressed up as Avraham fried for purim.

The best part is that he's named for a grandfather not for dovid hamelech. But he thinks he's name for dovid LOL

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:47 am
I do see some traits that are similar to the person they are named after, but I think it's because I looked out for it so I found a few comparisons...

But they are also very different.

The traits that they have in common is also very different because their nurturing is different and life situation. My grandfather lived through the war and he lost his entire family! He might be the only survivor from his town. He got here all alone in the world as a young bochur, he was in the war for 6 years. He used his character traits to survive and live on and rebuild. My son with these traits is bh not using his character for these reasons. So it's coming out in different ways.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names