Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chabad in Monsey
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 6:12 pm
Thanks!
Besides for having none or less secular studies, what makes it different from Cheder Chabad? What parts aren't going so well?

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:46 pm
It’s much smaller. I don’t know how experienced the principle is in chinch in comparison to Cheder Chabad, especially with the girls. It’s a very new school, has no lunch program, no bussing, at the moment isn’t even actually in the regular parts of Monsey where ppl live, it’s in nyack. If your child needs services or therapy I’m not sure if they have the infrastructure for it. Could be they do, but I don’t know.
On the other hand, it’s small, I’m guessing that means warm, individualized attention. More heimish. More chassidish. Cheder Chabad relaly accepts everyone unless there is a strong reason not to, this school kind of does what it wants, case by case, so they are able to mold their student body to a certain look.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:45 am
amother Sapphire wrote:
It’s much smaller. I don’t know how experienced the principle is in chinch in comparison to Cheder Chabad, especially with the girls. It’s a very new school, has no lunch program, no bussing, at the moment isn’t even actually in the regular parts of Monsey where ppl live, it’s in nyack. If your child needs services or therapy I’m not sure if they have the infrastructure for it. Could be they do, but I don’t know.
On the other hand, it’s small, I’m guessing that means warm, individualized attention. More heimish. More chassidish. Cheder Chabad relaly accepts everyone unless there is a strong reason not to, this school kind of does what it wants, case by case, so they are able to mold their student body to a certain look.

Thanks. Do you send there?
What I am understanding so far is that it's basically the same as Cheder Chabad, just less established and professional, smaller and a bit more Chassidish (though I don't get exactly what makes it more chassidish).
Any more info from anyone would be appreciated.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 2:37 pm
Still looking for clarity about this school, any info will be appreciated.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:11 pm
From what I hear it’s a similar concept to beis chaya mushka in crown heights. Some say that the benefit is that it attracts families who are more chassidish. I personally am not looking to put my kids in a bubble but some people do want that. In my experience I think it’s establishment has made Cheder Chabad into a a better school. Cheder Chabad is run by a corrupt board of uncaring insensitive individuals but the staff (with some exceptions) is made up of a lot of very special people. I can only speak for the girls school since my son is a baby but I have heard a lot of good about the boys teachers as well.

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 1:54 pm
Also, I know you’re asking about the new school but in case you don’t know I want to mention a parallel program that the cheder offers for boys who need a smaller and more individualized classroom environment. It’s completely separate from the boys cheder (it’s located next to the girls cheder) and it sounds incredible.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Jan 24 2023, 3:18 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
From what I hear it’s a similar concept to beis chaya mushka in crown heights. Some say that the benefit is that it attracts families who are more chassidish. I personally am not looking to put my kids in a bubble but some people do want that. In my experience I think it’s establishment has made Cheder Chabad into a a better school. Cheder Chabad is run by a corrupt board of uncaring insensitive individuals but the staff (with some exceptions) is made up of a lot of very special people. I can only speak for the girls school since my son is a baby but I have heard a lot of good about the boys teachers as well.

I agree with you especially about the board. It has gotten a lot better but still major issues

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jan 25 2023, 8:59 am
Thanks for the replies! Really helpful

Mushkygold

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 5:55 am
amother Marigold wrote:
Also, I know you’re asking about the new school but in case you don’t know I want to mention a parallel program that the cheder offers for boys who need a smaller and more individualized classroom environment. It’s completely separate from the boys cheder (it’s located next to the girls cheder) and it sounds incredible.

Where do I get more info about this new program in Cheder Chabad? Someone recently mentioned that they had heard amazing things about it, so wanted to hear more. How does it differ to their main program?

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 6:28 am
Mushkygold wrote:
Where do I get more info about this new program in Cheder Chabad? Someone recently mentioned that they had heard amazing things about it, so wanted to hear more. How does it differ to their main program?

Call the cheder and ask about the enrichment program. I don’t have personal experience with it but I have heard that it’s incredible.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 6:30 am
Mushkygold wrote:

It’s a completely separate program in a house next door to the girls cheder

Mushkygold

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 7:54 am
Ty.
Would be nice to hear from someone who had personal experience.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 9:30 am
Bump

Mushkygold

Post Sun, Feb 12 2023, 12:06 pm
Mushkygold wrote:
Ty.
Would be nice to hear from someone who had personal experience.

Bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Apr 08 2023, 11:41 pm
Looking to move to the Monsey area. Can anyone describe in short the difference between the two Chabad schools, both for boys and girls? Is it hard to get in to any of them?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 8:40 am
Bump

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 5:03 pm
Anyone?

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 5:13 pm
Maybe call the Chabad there and ask for a description of the school options
Hatzlocha

amother
Tuberose

Post Sun, Apr 09 2023, 7:40 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Looking to move to the Monsey area. Can anyone describe in short the difference between the two Chabad schools, both for boys and girls? Is it hard to get in to any of them?

Most people are probably busy with Pesach now.
Cheder Chabad is not hard to get into at all. Maybe the preschool is full for some divisions.
I don’t know much about Nyack but I think it’s not too hard to get into.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Apr 11 2023, 8:55 am
amother PlumPink wrote:
Maybe call the Chabad there and ask for a description of the school options
Hatzlocha

Thanks, I don't think there is a Central Chabad in Monsey that advises on these things though:)
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics