Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Has anyone ever ordered a boys suit online

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:28 am
10 yr old son insists he wants a suit for YT, but knowing him, he will wear it once or twice (we've done this in the past), the rest of the time in the summer he just wears his shirt and pants. Doesn't want a blazer, tried that, he has big brothers and wants a SUIT like them

Does anyone have experience ordering a cheap suit on Ali/Amazon/Next...

Suits cost about 250 nis here, I am looking for something significantly cheaper then that that looks decent (doesnt need to be amazing quality over time, just should look good for the few times he wears it) If its simlarly priced I'll just by locally where we can try on

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:37 am
I recently got suits for my boys online at Macy's but they were like 60-70 dollars which is basically what you would pay here. I also ordered a bunch of cheaper suits on Amazon but they looked cheaper, didn't fit right etc. Imo it's worth just going to a store and trying on, if you can really get for 250 nis.

salt

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:47 am
Out of the 3 online shops you mention, I find Next to be truest to size. I rarely have to send something back because it's the wrong size.

You may find something cheaper on Shein, and you could order a few suits and sizes, and send back what's not good, and get a full refund. I've done that before with girls' dresses.

salt

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 6:49 am
Alternatively, do his older brothers have any hand-me-downs? I assume you've thought of that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:23 am
salt wrote:
Alternatively, do his older brothers have any hand-me-downs? I assume you've thought of that.

His older brothers are so much older (in there high teens) and are wearing mens suits, I didn't purchase suits for them at this stage. I think this is why its so important for him to have a suit, there is a big gap between him and the one above him, and he doesn't like feeling "little"....

I guess I am going to see what the prices are now here, last time I purchased it was a major sale for 250 nis, I hope I can find that price again.

I can afford this, and I think it is important for him emotionally, but I feel so silly spending so much on something I know will barley be worn....

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:37 am
I bought my ten yr old a calvin Klein suit on amazon for approx $50

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:39 am
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I bought my ten yr old a calvin Klein suit on amazon for approx $50

Can u link it?

I am only seeing one for $74

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:43 am
I've bought the H&M suits for my youngest who's not ready for a suit but had to have one anyway. They're nice enough and easy to return, not sure about Israel though.

salt

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:26 am
amother OP wrote:
His older brothers are so much older (in there high teens) and are wearing mens suits, I didn't purchase suits for them at this stage. I think this is why its so important for him to have a suit, there is a big gap between him and the one above him, and he doesn't like feeling "little"....

I guess I am going to see what the prices are now here, last time I purchased it was a major sale for 250 nis, I hope I can find that price again.

I can afford this, and I think it is important for him emotionally, but I feel so silly spending so much on something I know will barley be worn....

Can't you buy him one on condition that he wears it every shabbat. He won't grow out of it that quickly - he'll wear it for a season.
And then if he ends up not wearing it, then he won't get a new one until he's older (bar mitzva or whatever).

A 10 year old can understand that you're not buying a suit for 1 week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics