Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
What is AI/Chat GPT? For Dummies
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 9:13 am
amother Tanzanite wrote:
All big companies use AI now. It’s a huge field and it’s everywhere. In most cases it’s used as a tool to enhance things and make it easier. I don’t see how it has the capability to do more than humans. And being that things like rockets are never going to be public information it can’t find the info. Someone has to feed it to info or tell it where to find it.

Right, some info it won't have access to. But there's other info it will be overloaded with and will trend to whatever the algorithm deems the most popular.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:14 am
So besides these freaky headless robots, creative writing will go out the window along with people socializing (which somewhat disappeared with smartphones and social media).

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:24 am
I actually just had it write me a book. Don’t worry, I won’t be publishing it! I wrote a very detailed plot and the results that I got were disappointing. It gave me a very cliched, boring story. I was very unimpressed!

icedcoffee

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 10:40 am
I don't think writing teachers should be concerned. It's fun to play around with, but at the end of the day, the results are frankly not very good and often not accurate. I've been able to tell immediately when students are using it. If you get to know them and their writing style, and do a lot of in-class assignments, it really shouldn't be an issue.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:12 am
Quote:
No!
I used to it create a Chanukah Thank you letter and it was perfect. I tweaked it a drop

Quote:
Oooh, so time to be afraid. Very afraid. Hiding

Now we can just direct the desperate “please write me a mishloach manos poem about my theme!!!!” imamother posts to ChatGPT.

I’m on board! Very Happy

Last edited by bigsis144 on Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:13 am
bigsis144 wrote:
Now we can just direct the desperate “please write me a mishloach manos poem about my theme!!!!” imamother posts to ChatGPT.

I’m on board! Very Happy

I know someone who tried it was an excellent poem

realsilver

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 2:22 pm
They are working on a feature where you can scan an article back in and ask them if they wrote it.
this will take away the fear of students using them for essays and school projects.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 4:32 pm
It’s very left leaning in politics, so just another big tool to destroy our once beautiful world.
But it’s definitely fascinating.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics