Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Hard to attach ceramic soap dish to tile? handyman recommend

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 1:52 pm
Have you or dh done it? what's involved? We had someone do this years ago and he didn't break the whole tile behind it. But now when I'm looking on youtube it looks like they're all breaking the tile behind it which sounds too complicated.
and if it's hard to do, can you recommend a handyman in Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 7:22 pm
bump

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 7:48 pm
Be careful, ceramic is heavy and if it falls off it can really hurt someone. If you're not sure what you're doing, hire someone or skip it.

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 05 2023, 8:05 pm
I don't know why you would need to break the tile behind.

I personally wouldn't do it but an experienced handy man would have the appropriate tools to drill and would use the appropriate screws to mount.

However why are you mounting a ceramic soap holder as those are only found in older bathrooms at this point. If you are actually using them to hold a bar of soap they are difficult to keep clean and the soap often becomes very soggy and dissolves.

That is why most people use jars of liquid hand soap because it is cleaner and more sanitary.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 7:57 pm
Amarante wrote:
I don't know why you would need to break the tile behind.

I personally wouldn't do it but an experienced handy man would have the appropriate tools to drill and would use the appropriate screws to mount.

However why are you mounting a ceramic soap holder as those are only found in older bathrooms at this point. If you are actually using them to hold a bar of soap they are difficult to keep clean and the soap often becomes very soggy and dissolves.

That is why most people use jars of liquid hand soap because it is cleaner and more sanitary.
We have separate soap bars for every person plus body wash.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics