Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Proud Parenting aka Nachas Moments

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:09 pm
What made your heart swell with love and pride towards your child/ren?
Anything a child said or did...

fbc

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:15 pm
My father recently had surgery and called me one day to ask if I could pick up his pain meds and to bring them over to him (he was alternating meds, and had just taken the other). He said not to make a special trip over, but to bring the meds with when we would come visit later that morning. My daughter was in the car and she said she wanted to bring it to zaidy right now so he shouldn't be in pain 💖 that made me really proud! Also when we light shabbos candles, I ask what she wants to daven for, and the first thing she says is that my sister (her aunt) should find a chosson RIGHT NOW😊

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:39 pm
What a wonderful DD!

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 11:44 pm
Had a crazy nausea spell this week and was lying on the floor, I couldn’t get up. DD (5) came over to me and said “ma, pick your head up” she had brought me a pillow and covered me with a blanket 😍

amother
Watermelon

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 12:13 am
My son who goes out of his way to bring mm to a boy who will receive few.

My daughter who wrote me a thank you note for midwinter vacation, unprompted

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 5:15 am
I have a daughter who has learning disabilities and school is very much a struggle. One day one of my sons rebbeim made a comment that anyone can learn if they want to. My son spoke up, they were learning one on one, and disagreed with him and championed his sister. The next day his rebbe said I spoke about it with my wife as well and she agrees with u too. I take it back and afterwards for a few weeks he'd ask my son how his sister was doing. I was so proud of my son for respectfully bringing about awareness and defending his sister. And I was impressed with the rebbe who took it to heart. He's changing the world, that one!

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 7:09 am
Wow

amother
Oatmeal

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 3:53 pm
My son will be 30 in a few weeks. He is in kollel, though learning did not come easy for him. He has persevered and just informed me that he will be making a siyum on Shas next week! I'm bursting with nachas!

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 6:50 pm
My son used his bar mitzvah gift money to start a campaign in his school to encourage other boys to put on tefillin daily. There were money prizes for raffles and each day a boy put on tefillin they entered the raffle.
He dished out quite a bit.

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 6:52 pm
I hugged your post genuinely!
My 2 year old is so sweet, she saw me lying down and came up to me and said mommy I love you and gave me a big kiss.
I love her!

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 7:10 pm
My son is in Israel and wrote us a beautiful letter on his birthday thanking us for giving birth to him, sending him to israel and multiple other things. It made me cry.

caza

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 7:25 pm
A my in my daughter's class phoned me one day, she wanted to tell me, that the previous day, her daughter cam shine from school and she said that the class were playing jump rope and her daughter can't jump well. She barely had a turn to jump and it was end of recess. My daughter asked another girl to take the rope and quickly turn for this kid because she didn't have a lot of jumps.
It was such nachas for me to hear it from someone else.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 7:26 pm
Wow!
These posts are making my heart swell with pride!
May you all see only nachas and joy from your children gezunterheit!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics