Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Would hatzalah give hydration without going to hospital?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. Not sure how I'd get a doctor's prescription at this point...

Part of my wanting to avoid ER is the co-pays are massive. I'd really like to avoid that. I think it's something like 150 per trip and they probably also bill separately for anything they do for you there.

Meanwhile dh brought me Gatorade and even though I feel reeeeealy nauseous so far the few sips I had stayed down. Not sure how much more to risk...

Doctor hasn't called back yet.

So I guess I'll hang on for tomorrow and if I still can't eat or drink then doc would probably send me to the hospital anyway.

Keep the Gatorade in the fridge, it's better cold. Drink as much as you can. I lived on Gatorade when pregnant. My doctor said 4 bottles a day is fine.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:10 pm
Gatorade saves me when pregnant. You can even buy the ices sleeves and freeze them or use pedialyte ices to get more in more easily.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:15 pm
The Gatorade is making me more nauseous than water but I'm taking tiny sips and hoping for the best ...

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:15 pm
Why don’t you call Hatzoloh and ask them directly? You’re not committed to going to the hospital by calling them.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 8:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
My doctor is Bachman. I'm new to the area so I don't know about contacts and stuff. I'm waiting for him to call me back because I wanted to know if I can add antacids on top of the nausea meds but I'm going to ask about iv fluids too. Last time I talked to doc (his associate) a few hours ago she said as long as I have at least a half hour between drinking and vomiting that means liquids are getting absorbed and I'm not a hospital case yet, but I'm still worried because I'm too nauseous to drink much without triggering vomiting. So yes I'm able to go more than a half hour but it's very small amounts

Please message me, I will ask my husband. (Also Dr. B is the best!!)
Edit: he said hatzalah won’t do it without a transport but someone might do it privately.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 9:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
The Gatorade is making me more nauseous than water but I'm taking tiny sips and hoping for the best ...

I suggested ices on the other thread. Even plain ice would work. It's so so much easier to keep liquid down when it's frozen. Personally, lemon ices are what do it for me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 9:09 pm
I asked dh for ices but he didn't get, I guess he got the Gatorade somewhere that doesn't sell ice...
Freezer is downstairs from me anyway and I don't have energy to go back and forth so I'm just doing little sips. It was cold when it got here and didn't seem to make a difference, wasn't less nauseating than it is now.

Ema of 5 your husband is hatzalah? Not trying to spook you but I think I know who you are so maybe I'll whatsapp you if I'm still sick in the morning.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 9:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
I asked dh for ices but he didn't get, I guess he got the Gatorade somewhere that doesn't sell ice...
Freezer is downstairs from me anyway and I don't have energy to go back and forth so I'm just doing little sips. It was cold when it got here and didn't seem to make a difference, wasn't less nauseating than it is now.

Ema of 5 your husband is hatzalah? Not trying to spook you but I think I know who you are so maybe I'll whatsapp you if I'm still sick in the morning.

He is, and if you have my number you can message me any time. BH I’m getting up a few times during the night these days :-)

amother
Blushpink

Post Mon, Feb 06 2023, 9:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
I'm pregnant and throwing up a lot. I'm in touch with my doctor, might end up needing hospital eventually but for now they said I'm OK to stay home. But I feel really bad and also nervous because I'm not able to get down very much liquid. It's getting late in the day, obviously I'll continue following up with my doctor as needed but just wondering if I am afraid of dehydration at night would hatzalah be able to give me iv hydration at home or would they need to take me to the hospital as well?

I'm located in far rockaway don't know if that makes a difference

I had this a few times and they did when I couldn't get out to urgent care.. They didn't want however they realized I wouldn't be getting help otherwise..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:37 am
Ema of 5 wrote:
Please message me, I will ask my husband. (Also Dr. B is the best!!)
Edit: he said hatzalah won’t do it without a transport but someone might do it privately.

So I spotted your edit now... can he ask his colleagues if anyone does it privately? So far the nursing companies I called all charge over 250 a pop and that's... not helping the nausea

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:50 am
Op I’m sorry I can’t help with the iv but I can tell you what helped with the nausea. I couldn’t drink and threw up if I tried drinking a lot. Reading all the posts telling you to drink lots of Gatorade made me feel like throwing up and I’m not pregnant now. Take a few bites of something solid, a cracker is good, then take a few sips of liquid. I always keep ice pops in the freezer and take the time to sit down and slowly finish one. Jello worked for me too. Dh used to say one of our kids was made of green jello.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:52 am
Anything solid at all triggers immediate vomiting

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:54 am
amother OP wrote:
So I spotted your edit now... can he ask his colleagues if anyone does it privately? So far the nursing companies I called all charge over 250 a pop and that's... not helping the nausea

Insurance companies cover this. Usually the doctor arranges it since they have to put in the orders for it to be covered.
When it comes to HG some doctors are more aware or more sympathetic and better advocates than others. I don't live in your area so I don't know anything about your particular doctor but you might want to do a separate post about OBs that are most supportive for this in particular. Having a doctor that will advocate for you can make a huge difference in your care.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:

Can you message me, or call/text me if you have my number?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:02 am
amother Electricblue wrote:
Insurance companies cover this. Usually the doctor arranges it since they have to put in the orders for it to be covered.
When it comes to HG some doctors are more aware or more sympathetic and better advocates than others. I don't live in your area so I don't know anything about your particular doctor but you might want to do a separate post about OBs that are most supportive for this in particular. Having a doctor that will advocate for you can make a huge difference in your care.

The nursing services I called said they do not have insurance coverage. Full stop. No prior orders whatever, they just don't take.

I started a post months ago asking for doctors familiar with hg and came up blank, everyone said you just need to advocate for yourself.

My doctor is pretty sympathetic but all he could offer for hydration is to go to the ER because l&d only takes you after 20 weeks which is way off still.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:22 am
In lakewood my neighbor knows the Hatzlacha member number directly and he gave me iv twice.
Then it wasnt pregnancy related but bec of my colitis I have gotten dehydrated.
With my private insurance to go to emergency room will be like so much $ that it would need to be real emergency like fully passed out.
Now pregnant, so many times I would tell my husband if I had the free insurance I for sure would have gone to emergency room to hydrate but instead waited it out, drank grape juice with a little salt and no I can’t drink Gatorade on my diet. Now I make Rories full n free hydration drink and sip on it during the day. Hopefully didn’t have any bad effect on my baby ( carrying much much smaller than all previous pregnancies)

happy chick

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 10:09 am
I know this wasn't part of your question but what helped me keep liquids down, was drinking about 1 oz every 15 min. Super annoying but in an hour, you have 4 oz of liquid. So first, it's easier to down such a small amount and second it's less likely to make you run to the bathroom and/or throw up.

mitzva

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 10:30 am
there is someone in bp who comes to the house to give ID, privately.
you can pm me.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 10:34 am
amother OP wrote:
The nursing services I called said they do not have insurance coverage. Full stop. No prior orders whatever, they just don't take.

I started a post months ago asking for doctors familiar with hg and came up blank, everyone said you just need to advocate for yourself.

My doctor is pretty sympathetic but all he could offer for hydration is to go to the ER because l&d only takes you after 20 weeks which is way off still.

If you're doctor isn't helpful you'll need to start with your insurance company yourself. Find out who's in network with them and what your doctor needs to submit to get it approved.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 10:51 am
I think there is a hg organization in BP. Try to find out.

If you can get onto PCAP. It’s Medicaid for pregnant women. Has a much higher income threshold. You won’t have copays.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries