Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Can't match DD's color

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:01 am
I have been to a number of wig places. Everyone tells me she needs to get a custom match as none of the processed/ in stock wigs match her hair. I don't know how to afford it, but may do only one. The other 1-2 wigs will have to be off a bit.

Any recommendations which brand custom is affordable, yet decent quality. If I am already paying, I want her to get something that will last..

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:51 am
What color does she need? I’m also hard to match and I managed with an Irene and a really good colorist

If you want custom bluma wigs in monsey is the best in the market right now

ap

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:53 am
If it's a color that suits her it doesn't need to be the same as her hair color...

oneofakind

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 7:32 am
Can adding hair or dieing help?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 7:56 am
ap wrote:
If it's a color that suits her it doesn't need to be the same as her hair color...

True, but none are as nice and natural as her hair, and I want her to feel good about covering it.
I am getting her 1 or two wigs that are close but off. Trust me, they are not her.

Debbig

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 8:00 am
Something to keep in mind when custom coloring a wig is that if they dye/highlight the wig to get the perfect color. The color will change pretty quickly coloring a processed wig doesn’t keep the color long. If you do a virgin hair custom wig the color will hold much better.
What color is her hair reddish or dark blonde?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 8:02 am
amother Eggshell wrote:
What color does she need? I’m also hard to match and I managed with an Irene and a really good colorist

If you want custom bluma wigs in monsey is the best in the market right now

She is a golden blonde, but very unique natural looking.
I have an Irene for myself. It's nice, but the color looks very fake on her. Some have reds, which she doesnt want, or too ashy looking. Makes her look old.

Where can I find out more on Bluma Wigs? I haven't heard of them. What prices do they range from?
Thanks!

Debbig

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 8:05 am
amother OP wrote:
I have an Irene for myself. It's nice, but the color looks very fake on her. Some have reds, which she doesnt want, or too ashy looking. Makes her look old.

Where can I find out more on Bluma Wigs? I haven't heard of them. What prices do they range from?
Thanks!

Have you tried Clary’s they have the most beautiful virgin hair blond wigs I’ve seen. Not custom. They have a showroom the BP but you can call & ask them who in area area sells their wigs.

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 8:15 am
amother OP wrote:

Thanks!
good for you. I have similar coloring and the wigs I ended up with were really not me. I was so sad. By now between covering my hair and just getting older my color has changed and it’s a non issue. But having a better match right after my wedding would have really helped with the transition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels