Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Lakewood guidance

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 9:08 pm
I have an amazing, talented, intelligent, sensitive popular teenaged daughter. She has wonderful middos (outside of the house) and mostly has her heart in the right place. But our relationship is strained and I’m having a hard time navigating this. For example, I have a special needs child, and rarely depend on her for help. She loves her sister and will spontaneously entertain her etc. On occasion I’ll ask her to get her in pajamas or wait for her ride with her or something specific and say thank you and teenager will roll her eyes and say “your not welcome” cause she was on the phone and is annoyed at the interruption. Basically I feel like she’s become super entitled and really barely lifts a finger at home to help our hectic household but expects to be driven to and from plays, friends houses, shopping, activities etc. Is there someone who I can speak to to help me set appropriate boundaries without turning every request of hers and mine into a major drama. Note, I am not asking advice here on how to handle the situation, rather I’d love a recommendation of someone I can speak to…

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Feb 07 2023, 10:06 pm
Rebetzin Spetner from Israel is giving her teens course shortly in Lakewood. If you've taken her basic course then you can join this.

Otherwise, maybe call Relief and ask for a recommendation of a therapist who can be a good fit for you.

Hatzlacha, you sound like a wonderful mom

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 8:14 am
Thanks! Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children