Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Chocolate chip cookies that freeze well

scruffy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:24 pm
Does anyone have a cc cookie recipe that freezes well? I like the chewy type.

Thanks!

watergirl

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:31 pm
https://overtimecook.com/2014/.....tter/

These are THE BEST COOKIES EVER and they freeze amazingly!!! I have a bag in my freezer literally at all times. They are so good frozen as well. I make a double batch and freeze half right away, then make more when my frozen ones are gone. My family likes to just take one or two (or ten) from the freezer bag randomly.

Miriam's tip is to use chocolate chips and chunks and I agree. It changes the cookie.

MAKE THESE.

scruffy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:33 pm
watergirl wrote:
https://overtimecook.com/2014/05/05/best-ever-chocolate-chip-cookies-without-margarine-or-butter/

These are THE BEST COOKIES EVER and they freeze amazingly!!! I have a bag in my freezer literally at all times. They are so good frozen as well. I make a double batch and freeze half right away, then make more when my frozen ones are gone. My family likes to just take one or two (or ten) from the freezer bag randomly.

Miriam's tip is to use chocolate chips and chunks and I agree. It changes the cookie.

MAKE THESE.

Thank you! These look great.

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:38 pm
FWIW, I freeze balls of cookie dough and then have almost instant freshly baked cookies.

If you like chewy cookies, I recommend Alton Brown’s recipe using bread flour. The gluten in the bread flour makes a chewy cookie versus his recipes using regular flour and cake flour which produce different textures.

scruffy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:41 pm
Amarante wrote:
FWIW, I freeze balls of cookie dough and then have almost instant freshly baked cookies.

If you like chewy cookies, I recommend Alton Brown’s recipe using bread flour. The gluten in the bread flour makes a chewy cookie versus his recipes using regular flour and cake flour which produce different textures.

Thanks. I would like to be able to make them fully in advance for Mishloach Manos.

I don't want to have to be busy shuttling cookie sheets the day before Purim.

Do you have experience freezing the Alton Brown recipe fully baked?

Amarante

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:43 pm
scruffy wrote:
Thanks. I would like to be able to make them fully in advance for Mishloach Manos.

I don't want to have to be busy shuttling cookie sheets the day before Purim.

Do you have experience freezing the Alton Brown recipe fully baked?

Cookies without frosting freeze well if you wrap them well and cool them completely before freezing. The wrapping to prevent freezer burn is critical in my experience.

scruffy

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 1:44 pm
Amarante wrote:
Cookies without frosting freeze well if you wrap them well and cool them completely before freezing. The wrapping to prevent freezer burn is critical in my experience.

Thank you.

agreer

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:48 pm
All chocolate chip cookies freeze well.

srbmom

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:50 pm
Was coming on here to post the recipe from Overtime Cook and see someone beat me to it Smile

Seriously the best CC cookies ever, even from the freezer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics