Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller for 3 year old

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:35 pm
Need a stroller for a tall and big 3 year old. It will mostly be used on long trips so needs to not take up so much room in the trunk. Will need to fit with suitcases. Need an easy push don’t care how easy it is to fold as long as it doesn’t take up a lot of room.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:42 pm
City mini gt or mountain buggy stroller. Both are good for older children. Although the city mini is a smaller fold than the mountain buggy.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 2:48 pm
Yoyo has the smallest fold.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Need a stroller for a tall and big 3 year old. It will mostly be used on long trips so needs to not take up so much room in the trunk. Will need to fit with suitcases. Need an easy push don’t care how easy it is to fold as long as it doesn’t take up a lot of room.

Bugaboo butterfly is what you’re looking for. Weight limit is 48.5 lbs. one handed fold, great push. Oh and folds small enough to fit in an overhead bin.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:09 pm
giftedmom wrote:
Bugaboo butterfly is what you’re looking for. Weight limit is 48.5 lbs. one handed fold, great push. Oh and folds small enough to fit in an overhead bin.

I would not want to be pushing a large heavy child in either the butterfly or the yoyo. They have tiny wheels and the seat size is a lot smaller.

cookier

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:42 pm
Bugaboo butterfly has a seat back of 24”

Joolz aer is 25”

City mini, Yoyo, and uppababy Minu are 26”

I can’t find seat measurements for the silver cross jet, but it has the highest weight limit of them all at 55lbs. I know in 2020 it was redesigned to fit bigger kids.

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:53 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I would not want to be pushing a large heavy child in either the butterfly or the yoyo. They have tiny wheels and the seat size is a lot smaller.

All strollers that fold small have tiny wheels. It doesn't mean the push is hard. The yoyo and butterfly actually put quite smoothly with a bigger child in it.

motheroftoo

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:58 pm
I love my mountain buggy nano

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:00 pm
motheroftoo wrote:
I love my mountain buggy nano

It is almost impossible to push, especially with a heavy child.

motheroftoo

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:08 pm
I put my 4 yr old In the back and strap my toddler in the front in the nano. It takes the weight just fine. Pushing 2 kids for few yrs together and going strong so for me it was not a problem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics