Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Right wing yeshivish pesach program?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 3:52 pm
looking for a program that is nice and upscale but still has a very frum tznius crowd and good hechsher... does this exist? preferably in america. tia!

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:00 pm
Gateways?
There are also definitely options in the tristate too. There are ads in the weekly papers

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 4:12 pm
Gateways us very far right

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
looking for a program that is nice and upscale but still has a very frum tznius crowd and good hechsher... does this exist? preferably in america. tia!

Wld love to know this too.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:14 pm
A lot of very yeshivish people won't go to pesach programs because of the kashrus issue
Even with the best hashgacha it's still pretty iffy, especially on Pesach

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:17 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
A lot of very yeshivish people won't go to pesach programs because of the kashrus issue
Even with the best hashgacha it's still pretty iffy, especially on Pesach

Right but right wing ppl still have family issues. Or other reasons why staying home is not an option. Gateway is a small fortune though… What’s the crowd like at Greenwalds?

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:21 pm
@pesach time tours. Mandel is awesome. It’s not an upscale program, but it was great. He gets a reputable hashgacha rabbi. Still many guests were not dressed to yeshivish standards but most were.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:24 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
@pesach time tours. Mandel is awesome. It’s not an upscale program, but it was great. He gets a reputable hashgacha rabbi. Still many guests were not dressed to yeshivish standards but most were.

Can u tell me more abt this place? I never heard of it. Do they have singers, speakers, nice program? What makes it lower scale? Thanks so much!!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:34 pm
Pesach time tours and Jewish heritage both have a very frum crowd and excellent hashgacha. I’ve been to both they have great programs and food. I wouldn’t call it upscale but it’s not skimpy or low quality. Gateways is more of a jpf crowd not really yeshivish.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:36 pm
All programs have a few people that are different than the main crowd.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:39 pm
amother Denim wrote:
Pesach time tours and Jewish heritage both have a very frum crowd and excellent hashgacha. I’ve been to both they have great programs and food. I wouldn’t call it upscale but it’s not skimpy or low quality. Gateways is more of a jpf crowd not really yeshivish.

Thanks!! Any info on the pesach experience- chap a nosh? Trying to figure out the difference between these.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:41 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Thanks!! Any info on the pesach experience- chap a nosh? Trying to figure out the difference between these.

No don’t know anything about them sorry

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:50 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Can u tell me more abt this place? I never heard of it. Do they have singers, speakers, nice program? What makes it lower scale? Thanks so much!!

I was once at a super fancy program so I’m comparing it to that. There’s no kiddush after davening, there’s a meal. I actually preferred that because a lavish kiddush and then an hour break and then the meal was a waste of time and food for us.

They had Pruzansky there the whole time when I was there and he did a concert. Sometimes another performer comes one night. There’s something every night. A game shoe or magic etc.

The hashgacha is from a very respected kashrus expert and he also makes sure the pool mechitza is good and that waiters don’t set any tables till the zman and has the mashgichim cracking every single egg.

The tearoom has cake and cut basic veggies and melons and Nosh. The fancy one I went to had millions of salads and some proteins like fish and eggplant, in case you missed a meal.

Food was delish and abundant. Day camp was great. If your kids would go lol, one of mine wouldn’t. Speeches from rabbis and therapists and doctors etc. Interesting, nothing mind blowing personally. Shul was fully stocked and they had a Gabbai for each minyan and the men in my family were impressed.

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:50 pm
Another vote for Mandel's pesach time tours. They're reasonably priced, too, as far as pesach programs go.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 5:55 pm
amother Bluebell wrote:
I was once at a super fancy program so I’m comparing it to that. There’s no kiddush after davening, there’s a meal. I actually preferred that because a lavish kiddush and then an hour break and then the meal was a waste of time and food for us.

They had Pruzansky there the whole time when I was there and he did a concert. Sometimes another performer comes one night. There’s something every night. A game shoe or magic etc.

The hashgacha is from a very respected kashrus expert and he also makes sure the pool mechitza is good and that waiters don’t set any tables till the zman and has the mashgichim cracking every single egg.

The tearoom has cake and cut basic veggies and melons and Nosh. The fancy one I went to had millions of salads and some proteins like fish and eggplant, in case you missed a meal.

Food was delish and abundant. Day camp was great. If your kids would go lol, one of mine wouldn’t. Speeches from rabbis and therapists and doctors etc. Interesting, nothing mind blowing personally. Shul was fully stocked and they had a Gabbai for each minyan and the men in my family were impressed.

Wow this is so helpful I appreciate it so much!
We’ve been to aryehs so I’m comparing it to them. They went up in price this year though and I wasn’t thrilled anyway.
I will definitely look into this!
I have all age ranges, but specifically looking for my yeshivish older kids, they love the concerts every night and the kumzitzes and speeches.
So it sounds like Mandel has that too.

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 6:02 pm
amother Hydrangea wrote:
Wow this is so helpful I appreciate it so much!
We’ve been to aryehs so I’m comparing it to them. They went up in price this year though and I wasn’t thrilled anyway.
I will definitely look into this!
I have all age ranges, but specifically looking for my yeshivish older kids, they love the concerts every night and the kumzitzes and speeches.
So it sounds like Mandel has that too.

Mandel even had separate teen programs when I went. My son made lifelong friends and actually got some side jobs from the connections there. So the teens arent just bumming around during the day.

They didnt have concerts every night but they had other activities, like live game show. And the food was really fantastic. Ive been to a couple of other places and id go there again in a heartbeat.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Feb 08 2023, 6:02 pm
amother OP wrote:

Grunwald caterers

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 09 2023, 2:32 pm
check out https://www.aryehhospitality.com/
very good hashgacha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics