Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can't afford gas for dh to get to work to make money
Previous  1  2

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Feb 10 2023, 1:42 am
Where do you live? One of us local to you can give you cash through a shaliach of your choice so we don't know who you are. If you're in my city I have cash.....

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Feb 10 2023, 2:12 am
You don't need us to tell you that not going to work is definitely not the solution here. It will only make matters worse ...
Is there anyone IRL who will lend you cash for gas? They don't need to know the whole story.

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Feb 10 2023, 2:29 am
Is there any way that you can get a business credit card so you are not laying out the gas and toll money before he gets his paycheck for that week? And then let the business deduct it from his paycheck at the end of the week etc. it will also save you on taxes since his paycheck will be smaller essentially.

Do you have GetUpside near you? It’s a great app where you can get a few cents per gallon and he can build up a little extra gas money. (GetUpside is an app that gives you cash back when you get gas. Promo code USHER7223 gets us both a 15c/gal bonus.
https://upside.app.link/7dtKZiawOcb ) There’s also another app called Fetch which is also free where you can scan you’re receipts and get a few points per receipt which you can later cash out. (You can get bonus points for certain purchases) (Fetch: Come save money on Fetch with me! Sign up w/ code MGPJDP & get 2,000 pts: https://referral.fetch.com/vvv.....PJDP. See you there!)

Please let me know if this is not allowed. Not trying to promote anything as I’m not affiliated with either just want to help out, it’s free money and seriously legit. Lol I know that makes it sound worse….

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Feb 10 2023, 2:34 am
Op I'm really sorry about your difficult situation. It's a beautiful to see that there are women here that want to help you and I really hope that family can also help. We have been in a very difficult situation in the past and the only way that we weren't on the street was because family stepped in and helped us. BH things did get better and we are okay on our own but it really made me realize how hard it is and how even a small amounts of help can really help. I've learned never to say no that God can send money from any direction not just from the job.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Feb 10 2023, 3:32 am
I have been there.
(1) with such a long commute, DH should definitely ask to be reimbursed for tolls and gas
(2) get more credit cards. They are exactly for situations like this when you are short small amounts but it will buy you 30-45 days to repay it.
(3) can you get a job? Do whatever you can do to get out of the cycle

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 6:52 pm
I understand that this isn't helpful - but in what world is the employer responsible for how far away the employee lives or to pay gas or commuting costs? In my area that would never ever happen, I'm so surprised to see that people think it's an option.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 9:44 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
I have been there.
(1) with such a long commute, DH should definitely ask to be reimbursed for tolls and gas
(2) get more credit cards. They are exactly for situations like this when you are short small amounts but it will buy you 30-45 days to repay it.
(3) can you get a job? Do whatever you can do to get out of the cycle
I have been looking for a job for months, but since I was pregnant, people were reluctant to hire me. Now I am a kimpiturin, but starting a very very part time job BH.

amother
Seablue

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 10:05 pm
As employer I can’t expect to pay for tolls and gas for all our staff. It is not doable. When people interview for jobs and I see they live far away I do ask them to make the calculations to see how much they would pay for the trip plus the hours and is the salary I pay them worth it !
If you can tell us which area you live in maybe we can find someone to give you cash to help you

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 10:08 pm
amother Forestgreen wrote:
I understand that this isn't helpful - but in what world is the employer responsible for how far away the employee lives or to pay gas or commuting costs? In my area that would never ever happen, I'm so surprised to see that people think it's an option.

In E”Y it’s the law . Although it’s not in US it is tax deductible and anyone who is self employed deducts it. I have had jobs that I only agreed to if they pay gas. It has to be worth it to work.

amother
Smokey

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 11:07 pm

When the employee is valuable enough to the company
Paying Gas and tolls is very common. It’s also a great legal way to give a raise because it’s pretax!

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Feb 11 2023, 11:44 pm
Lots of places do. It depends on how easy it is to fill that particular position.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics