Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Keeping old letters / cards

Esther23

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 2:17 pm
do you keep old letters and cards that you've gotten over the years? How about the ones from when you were a girl?

chavy

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 2:19 pm
oh noooo none of these stuff I keep. I throw them all out.
im always busy throwing stuff out..............lol

Imawoman

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 3:00 pm
I store all my old cards in a box...which is still located in my old bedroom at my parents' house. When DH and I eventually have a bigger place (dreaming is fun), I will bring my box with me.

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 3:34 pm
I keep EVERYTHING. I probably need a Keeper Anonymous group for all the letters, cards, and notes I hold on to.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 17 2008, 6:08 pm
I only keep very special ones, like 2 or 3 from sisters, but I keep all from my dh and he from me.

zufriedene

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 8:43 am
I'm married KEH 36 yrs and along the years have saved different memories, first now I realize how precious they are, I cant wait to laminate and make a scrap book of letters that were written to us from parents and grndparents that r nomore, or the collection of letters one daughtr wrote from abroad. its a treasure!! years when I lived in USA and my siblings shared sorrows and simchas, its a family encyclopedia/

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 9:40 am
If it were up to me, I'd toss them, but DH brought a box of my stuff back from my parents house last year & insists that I keep it. Maybe one day, I'll dig them out.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 9:42 am
I keep everything in boxes. I have letters sent to me for my first birthday LOL

Tila

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 11:46 am
My MIL uses them as recipe cards. She will write a recipe from someone (even the giver of the card) and keep it in a cookbook. I keep them for a short time and then recycle them.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 12:24 pm
I keep the ones that are personalized and will give me good memories not the typical ones.

sunshine!

Post Thu, Jun 19 2008, 12:29 pm
I keep all those from my husband. I throw out standard thank you cards, and mazel tov card that are attached to gifts. I save cards that are meaningful and personal.

Tila

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 12:40 pm
On the same note; do you still have all the reply cards from your wedding and the wedding cards that came with the gifts?? I do. I want to toss them. Should I?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 1:00 pm
Tila wrote:
On the same note; do you still have all the reply cards from your wedding and the wedding cards that came with the gifts?? I do. I want to toss them. Should I?

Why would you keep them? Are you making any sort of scrapbook? Did you finish sending out your thank you's? I don't keep anything that doesn't have sentimental value and if I don't remember anything about it, so I wouldn't.

Tila

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 1:10 pm
Ok so I will toss em. Should I inform hubby?? They are his too...

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jun 20 2008, 1:13 pm
Tila wrote:
Ok so I will toss em. Should I inform hubby?? They are his too...

if he cares
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics