Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Getting into Monsey boys schools
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 9:30 pm
The problem is also that people only want specific schools that are notoriously hard to get into. Parents have to be more open minded. Your kid won’t go off the derech if he goes to ysv instead of the cheder.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 9:31 pm
Please don’t talk smack about Monsey. It’s a wonderful place

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:06 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
The problem is also that people only want specific schools that are notoriously hard to get into. Parents have to be more open minded. Your kid won’t go off the derech if he goes to ysv instead of the cheder.

You’re funny. Every single school is hard to get into. The cheder is impossible (you have to have an older child there already) and Ysv is murder to get into

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:11 pm
Just putting it out there. Bais Dovid .

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:12 pm
[quote="amother Cadetblue"]The problem is also that people only want specific schools that are notoriously hard to get into. Parents have to be more open minded. Your kid won’t go off the derech if he goes to ysv instead of the cheder.[

I've heard that YSV is very hard to get into. Also. I think people do want specific schools, but there are plenty of people who will go to either of these schools since most of the children are interchangeable and all the schools. My son is in bais mikroh but he can easily fit into YSV, both cheders, r Halpern, degel or ohr reuvain. It also doesn't sound like op is very picky since it seems like she tries a bunch of schools.

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:13 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
You’re funny. Every single school is hard to get into. The cheder is impossible (you have to have an older child there already) and Ysv is murder to get into

The cheder take siblings first and then they see if they have any slots for anybody else so it depends on the year. I heard that this year they had very few slots available.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:16 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
The cheder take siblings first and then they see if they have any slots for anybody else so it depends on the year. I heard that this year they had very few slots available.

The Cheder doesn’t even give out applications!

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:

They did this year...

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:19 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:

It depends on the year. My sister applied this year and had an interview. My brother replied last year and also had an interview.

amother
Celeste

Post Mon, Feb 13 2023, 10:26 pm
Also, I know people gave the impression that kids can technically attend all the schools in Monsey, but truth be told, the impression I got is that each school, although they may be similar, still leans in a specific direction.
Don't tell me that the Cheder and YSV are the same. They attract for the most part different crowds and you can't blame a parent for choosing a specific school that reflects their hashkafos.

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Feb 23 2023, 10:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
He's going into Pre1A next year. Right now he does not have a school, not gor this year or next!?
Tried:
Cheder, Cheder 2, Degel, Bais Mikrah, Rabbi Halpern.

Sorry OP.
I hope it's OK to ask- where did you send your son for kindergarten? I'm now stuck since he didn't get in anywhere and not sure what to do for next year now Sad

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 2:27 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:

Literally every place is so hard to get into. I feel you op! We applied to chasidish schools. Been rejected to 3 places so far. With lots of push. And offered money. Nothing doing. We applied to 2 more places. Not even my first or third choice but at this point I let go of that dream school! Hoping for a miracle at this point! And this is for nursery…

amother
Birch

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 2:36 pm
yachnabobba wrote:
I have a kid in YSV girls it’s by far the most impressive school I’ve been associated with. The boys school is similarly professional and well run. Hatzlacha. Getting my kids into school was harder than marrying them off - by far

Similar. BH super impressed. However very very difficult to get into.

amother
Celeste

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 2:40 pm
So does anyone know of places to send a kid to kindergarten next year who didn't get into school?

amother
Carnation

Post Fri, Feb 24 2023, 4:58 pm
amother Celeste wrote:
So does anyone know of places to send a kid to kindergarten next year who didn't get into school?

Chofetz Chaim high view I think has a kindergarten class.
Also I think her name is Miriam Shira swiatycki who has one in her house. There are a few more as well.

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Mar 01 2023, 11:54 am
amother Carnation wrote:
Chofetz Chaim high view I think has a kindergarten class.
Also I think her name is Miriam Shira swiatycki who has one in her house. There are a few more as well.

Swiatckyi is so far full and DC is too old for chofetz chaim on Highview...

Are there any other options?

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Mar 30 2023, 3:31 pm
amother Darkblue wrote:
There’s another new one, yeshiva derech Hatorah by Rabbi skaist. They for sure have room. But I think it’s more to the left

Do you have any more info on this school? Do they have space for the coming school year?

s2tc

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 10:13 pm
Anyone have the info for rabbi Halpern’s school? Name , number ?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:25 pm
Following

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jun 18 2023, 11:54 pm
I don’t have contact info on the school but afaik rabbi halpern is not part of the school anymore
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics