Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is it normal for my baby to stop eating veggies?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:02 pm
I'm doing BLW with my first. She's been eating since 4 months and eats almost anything I give her. Including pickles, Tchina, hummus, veggies, chicken, fish etc.

She's ten months now. Over the past few weeks she has suddenly stopped eating veggies. I make healthy balanced meals and out everything on her tray at once and she always goes straight for anything with carbs and touches a vegetables or two at the end.

I hear babies and kids go through stages, is this normal? I'm doing what I've always been doing by keeping her exposed to all types of food, puttinf balanced meals out, not forcing her to eat, not giving the idea that some foods are bad or good etc.

I just want to know is this a normal stage or should I be concerned.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:03 pm
Completely normal. Keep offering all the options but don’t stress

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 12:04 pm
Yes normal. They say don’t stop serving the things they used to like or they might cut it out completely instead of ride the phase.

lucky14

Post Sun, Jan 29 2023, 10:37 pm
Very normal. Unfortunately all of my kids started off being veggie lovers and now are very limited in that department…. But at least they still like fruit so I assume they are getting lots of vitamins and good stuff from those…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 2:51 am
OK since then her food preferences have only gotten smaller. Won't eat bread anymore really, yesterday I tried out ties some veggies into a scrambled egg and she hated it. Today I made a regular scrambled egg, something we eat almost daily for breakfast and she didn't want it. I think I traumatized her.

She literally just ate plain cottage cheese for breakfast.

Im starting to feel more worried.

Last night dinner was chicken, rice and roasted veggies. She only ate rice.

Its so random though cuz we made some chicken in hot sauce and dh fed her plain hot sauce and she loved it. She will eat Tchina or chimmus plain too.....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 7:49 am
Bump

SG18

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:00 am
Don't worry about it. Just keep offering a variety of foods.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:04 am
SG18 wrote:
Don't worry about it. Just keep offering a variety of foods.

I keep trying to. I offered her leftover scrambled eggs that were stored in the fridge again at lunch and she ate them. It's my first and I just get nervous about this stuff.

tichellady

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:35 am
very normal

amother
Black

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:37 am
What happens if you skip the carbs and just offer the other stuff for a few meals? Will she just not eat?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 11:37 am
Yes tastes change that fine. I didn’t offer it for a few weeks and then started again. I would introduce new foods with more variety of tastes and spices. Kids this age like more tasteful. Maybe try sautéed vegetables.

justforfun87

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 1:10 pm
Don't forget the rhyme... food for fun up til 1!! Don't stress about this. Her main diet should be from breastmilk or formula. Keep exposing to variety. My kids go through stages all the time and are pretty well balanced eaters for kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics